CarSPIN's 100 best-looking cars of all time

Started by the Teuton, March 26, 2008, 08:29:53 PM

the Teuton

It really all depends on the car.  If I had $130,000 right now, I'd buy a completely stock 993 Turbo S or '57 Bel Air fuelie convertible.  Neither would have so much as a different shift knob in them.

The Riv doesn't strike me as the same kind of car, though.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

2o6

Quote from: Byteme on October 16, 2008, 08:56:01 AM
Different strokes and all that.  I really hate to see true classics modified like that.  But they are not my cars and the owners are of course free to do as they wish.

You still have to respect that it's a High-Quality job, even if you don't like that type of thing.

omicron

Quote from: Byteme on October 16, 2008, 08:56:01 AM
Different strokes and all that.  I really hate to see true classics modified like that.  But they are not my cars and the owners are of course free to do as they wish.

For the most part I agree with you. I'm not averse to modern modifications, mind - with a bit more ride height and smaller wheels, the cars pictured above could become quite acceptable modern-day tourers, but I'd almost always take a restored example over a modified one.

280Z Turbo

Quote from: ChrisV on October 14, 2008, 06:51:13 AM
Both era Rivieras make for awesome customs.

http://www.buick-riviera.com/1971JonJardin.htm

Another nice car ruined by a tweed interior. :(

It's one step above burlap. I hope it's cheap.

Byteme

Quote from: 2o6 on October 16, 2008, 10:28:41 AM
You still have to respect that it's a High-Quality job, even if you don't like that type of thing.

No doubt a lot of work and money went into it.  And it looks like quality work.  It's not where I would direct my time and money however. 

Vinsanity

I won't lie; I'd probably do the same thing with almost any classic I may end up with my hands on

omicron

Quote from: Byteme on October 17, 2008, 07:00:31 AM
No doubt a lot of work and money went into it.  And it looks like quality work.  It's not where I would direct my time and money however. 

What's important is a balance - there can be customs just as long as there are originals to remind us of a bygone era.