Gallardo Superlegerra Cancelled!

Started by SVT666, March 28, 2008, 10:45:06 AM

Galaxy

How many GT-Rs does Nissan plan to make?

sandertheshark

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on March 29, 2008, 10:10:39 AM
People didn't buy a corvette over a 360 because the chevy was a piece of shit and more importantly you would see them on the road every day piloted by feeble old men on their way to denny's.

Not really the same problem the GT-R will have.

Right.  People won't buy them because they're ugly and everyone who does buy them learned to drive playing Gran Turismo.

CALL_911

Quote from: sandertheshark on March 29, 2008, 01:15:00 PM
Right.  People won't buy them because they're ugly and everyone who does buy them learned to drive playing Gran Turismo.

Yeah, because kids can afford GT-R's, right? :rolleyes:

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

sandertheshark

Quote from: CALL_911 on March 29, 2008, 01:17:20 PM
Yeah, because kids can afford GT-R's, right? :rolleyes:

There are plenty guys in their twenties who can afford $70k cars.

hotrodalex

Quote from: sandertheshark on March 29, 2008, 01:19:07 PM

I could if I saved up for awhile and didn't buy stuff for my other cars.

Cookie Monster

Quote from: hotrodalex on March 29, 2008, 10:36:41 AM
Yeah, the Corvette is a piece of shit.  :rolleyes:
I know! Leaf suspensions and OHV engines! Bodies made of plastic! What where they thinking?

:lol:
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

Lebowski

EVO seemed disappointed in the driving dynamics and performance of the superleggera compared to the balls to the wall versions of the competition (GT3 RS, and what's the performance F430 called, do they still use "Stradale", I can't remember?)

Cookie Monster

Quote from: Lebowski on March 29, 2008, 02:09:39 PM
EVO seemed disappointed in the driving dynamics and performance of the superleggera compared to the balls to the wall versions of the competition (GT3 RS, and what's the performance F430 called, do they still use "Stradale", I can't remember?)
Scuderia?
Anywho, Jeremy Clarkson really liked the Superleggera. It seemed like a nice car but I'd much rather have the GT3 RS.
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

Lebowski

Quote from: thecarnut on March 29, 2008, 02:12:49 PM
Scuderia?
Anywho, Jeremy Clarkson really liked the Superleggera. It seemed like a nice car but I'd much rather have the GT3 RS.

Yes, Scuderia, I knew it was an S.

Clarkson is kind of an idiot.  I like watching Top Gear for the entertainment value bit in no way do I consider Clarkson an expert.

hotrodalex

Quote from: thecarnut on March 29, 2008, 02:06:09 PM
I know! Leaf suspensions and OHV engines! Bodies made of plastic! What where they thinking?

:lol:

Yet somehow it still beats other cars around the track, no matter what the price of the other car is!

Raza

Quote from: sandertheshark on March 29, 2008, 01:19:07 PM

And there are plenty of 30 and 40 year olds who have Playstations. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

sportyaccordy

Quote from: the Teuton on March 28, 2008, 01:45:57 PM
This is officially odd.  Look for Superleggera prices to be through the roof sometime soon.

I'm definitely holding on to mine

hotrodalex

Quote from: sportyaccordy on March 29, 2008, 04:39:53 PM
I'm definitely holding on to mine

I doubt the hot wheels version is going to go up in value.  :tounge:

FlatBlackCaddy

I talked with some of the boys in italy, they confirmed that the GT-R really messed their shit up.

Having their pride and joy(gallardo SL) outlap a GT-R by only a few tenths of a second really made them pissed off.

I said they should be happy, since so far the lambo is the only car to best the GT-R in a track test. Cars like the 911 GT3 and turbo have fallen as well as the audi's and the redneck wonder(Z06). I wouldn't be surprised if the F430 falls to the GT-R. Lambo should be proud, but i think they are going to wait until they can really throw down.

sportyaccordy

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on March 29, 2008, 09:46:56 PM
I talked with some of the boys in italy, they confirmed that the GT-R really messed their shit up.

Having their pride and joy(gallardo SL) outlap a GT-R by only a few tenths of a second really made them pissed off.

I said they should be happy, since so far the lambo is the only car to best the GT-R in a track test. Cars like the 911 GT3 and turbo have fallen as well as the audi's and the redneck wonder(Z06). I wouldn't be surprised if the F430 falls to the GT-R. Lambo should be proud, but i think they are going to wait until they can really throw down.

There is more to cars than #'s. Especially track #'s. I would pick any of the GT-R's competitors over it. I can't imagine anyone who has dreamt of owning a Ferrari or Porsche all their life finally reaching the point they can afford one, and saying 'ehhhh you know what the GT-R posted a better lap time so I think I'm gonna pass on that F430 Scuderia'

I would even go with cars slower than the GT-R over it... again it's very good at what it does, but it doesn't have the sound or looks of a supercar. For a track/race car hell yes I would get the GT-R in a heartbeat but I really don't see it taking away from 911/Gallardo/Z06 sales. Real life isn't Gran Turismo

omicron

Quote from: Galaxy on March 28, 2008, 01:38:04 PM
The Gallardo has been replaced by the Gallardo LP 560-4. The difference may be big enough, that they are no longer able to build the Superleggera on the same line.

What's more fun to say - Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera, or Lamborghini Gallardo LP Cinquecentosessanta-Quattro?

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: sportyaccordy on March 31, 2008, 07:42:40 AM
There is more to cars than #'s. Especially track #'s. I would pick any of the GT-R's competitors over it. I can't imagine anyone who has dreamt of owning a Ferrari or Porsche all their life finally reaching the point they can afford one, and saying 'ehhhh you know what the GT-R posted a better lap time so I think I'm gonna pass on that F430 Scuderia'

I would even go with cars slower than the GT-R over it... again it's very good at what it does, but it doesn't have the sound or looks of a supercar. For a track/race car hell yes I would get the GT-R in a heartbeat but I really don't see it taking away from 911/Gallardo/Z06 sales. Real life isn't Gran Turismo

Have you heard a GT-R?

Looks are subjective.

I'm not saying you aren't somewhat right about Ferrari buyers dismissing a GT-R.  But a lot of Ferrari buyers don't buy a Ferrari because it can go round a track well...

NomisR

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on March 31, 2008, 09:50:06 AM
Have you heard a GT-R?

Looks are subjective.

I'm not saying you aren't somewhat right about Ferrari buyers dismissing a GT-R.  But a lot of Ferrari buyers don't buy a Ferrari because it can go round a track well...

Well, it's about the prestige too.  Does it sound better to say you have a Ferrari or a Nissan?

But if I really want a dedicated track car, a GT-R would not be my #1 choice either, it's just too expensive to crash.  If I want a dedicated track car, I would probably go with a Miata.  To me, the GT-R doesn't have the prestige to go with it, and it's too heavy and expensive to be a dedicated track car.  It may do what it does really well, but there's other better choices out there for the money.  Never really been a great fan, not really the car for me.  But I would still want to drive it.

FlatBlackCaddy

ahh prestige, they have a new isle at Walmart where they put all their prestige.

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: NomisR on March 31, 2008, 11:10:57 AM
Well, it's about the prestige too.  Does it sound better to say you have a Ferrari or a Nissan?

But if I really want a dedicated track car, a GT-R would not be my #1 choice either, it's just too expensive to crash.  If I want a dedicated track car, I would probably go with a Miata.  To me, the GT-R doesn't have the prestige to go with it, and it's too heavy and expensive to be a dedicated track car.  It may do what it does really well, but there's other better choices out there for the money.  Never really been a great fan, not really the car for me.  But I would still want to drive it.

That's what I was getting at.  Lots of people buy Gallardos so they can drive around London or Milan with the top down.  At 10 mph.

If the GT-R was twice the price and had a Ferrari badge, it might be taken more seriously by a lot of people (for a change the press have it right and the reader wrong, not vice versa).

NomisR

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on March 31, 2008, 11:28:32 AM
ahh prestige, they have a new isle at Walmart where they put all their prestige.

It's in the autoparts section. :lol:

NomisR

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on March 31, 2008, 11:33:25 AM
That's what I was getting at.  Lots of people buy Gallardos so they can drive around London or Milan with the top down.  At 10 mph.

If the GT-R was twice the price and had a Ferrari badge, it might be taken more seriously by a lot of people (for a change the press have it right and the reader wrong, not vice versa).

Yeah, everytime I go to places like Beverly Hills, I see these tools in their Gallardos or F430s tooling through Rodeo drive in first gear with this look at me thing going on.  And then 10 mins later, it's like, hey, there's that car again. 

You tend to wonder, is that person driving through there just for people to look at them or are they actually going somewhere.  It's obviously they're not looking for a parking space. 

Lebowski

Quote from: NomisR on March 31, 2008, 11:58:30 AM
Yeah, everytime I go to places like Beverly Hills, I see these tools in their Gallardos or F430s tooling through Rodeo drive in first gear with this look at me thing going on.  And then 10 mins later, it's like, hey, there's that car again. 

You tend to wonder, is that person driving through there just for people to look at them or are they actually going somewhere.  It's obviously they're not looking for a parking space. 

Some people are douchebags the way they just drive around to be seen in their ferrari (you know who i'm talking about, when you're eating at a place in a crowded area and the same ferrari drives by 8 times).

Something funny happened a couple of weeks ago.  I was out w/ a group of people, and a guy with us (who i'm not friends with and didn't know until that night) sees a ferrari go by, and starts making all these jokes about how the guy who drives it must have a small dick.  At the end of the night, this guy gets in his car - an Escalade, which he had valet parked right up front.  I laughed my ass off.

sportyaccordy

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on March 31, 2008, 09:50:06 AM
Have you heard a GT-R?

Looks are subjective.

1. I have heard a GT-R on video. In comparison to Lamborghinis and Ferraris I have heard on video it sounds like a muted G35.

2. Looks may be subjective, but honestly, I think if we took a poll most people would say a Ferrari looks better than the GT-R. The GT-R is the WRX of supercars.

3. I am in agreement that most Ferrari drivers don't buy their cars to take to the track. That is my whole point. Yes the GT-R is highly capable, a great performance value, and comfy/practical as well...

But it's not a Porsche. It's not a Ferrari. It's not a Lamborghini. Yes those cars may not be as fast on the track but who cares. They are beautiful. They make beautiful noises. They have a special kind of presence on the road. That to me is worth the premium and performance loss from a GT-R.

If I wanted the most bang for the buck performance wise I would buy something like a '91 Eclipse GSX and build that up. The GT-R is a great feat and definitely a great car, but I don't think it's "perfect", and despite it's great performance if given the choice I would still go with something slower and more expensive.

the Teuton

Here's the price on this one:

They were selling it for the as-listed price (unlike your average F430), so I wonder if that will change now.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

sportyaccordy

I thought Gallardos were like $150K? No way in hell I would pay that for that, I'd rather mod a stock one.

NomisR

Quote from: sportyaccordy on March 31, 2008, 12:31:10 PM
I thought Gallardos were like $150K? No way in hell I would pay that for that, I'd rather mod a stock one.

Well, you can probably get a one-two year old Gallardo for half the price..

sportyaccordy

Quote from: NomisR on March 31, 2008, 12:34:28 PM
Well, you can probably get a one-two year old Gallardo for half the price..

Supercars don't depriciate like Hyundais. I think 360s are still going for what they cost new.

the Teuton

2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Soup DeVille

Quote from: sportyaccordy on March 31, 2008, 01:54:31 PM
Supercars don't depriciate like Hyundais. I think 360s are still going for what they cost new.

Ferraris hold their value relatively well in most cases. Other supercars depreciate quite quickly depending on the whims of fashion.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator