Official Facelifted Mercedes-Benz A- & B-Class Pictures

Started by cawimmer430, March 29, 2008, 03:35:15 AM

akuma_supreme

Submariner

Quote from: akuma_supreme on April 09, 2008, 10:47:56 PM
A-Class Owner reviews:
http://carsurvey.org/modelyear_Mercedes-Benz_A-Class_1999.html

Middling at best.

Ah yes, lets go after their car from 10 years ago.  That ought to be a decent example of how they measure up now...
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

akuma_supreme

Quote from: Submariner on April 09, 2008, 10:59:21 PM
Ah yes, lets go after their car from 10 years ago.  That ought to be a decent example of how they measure up now...

I chose that year because it had the largest response.  The other years are just as mediocre, albeit with smaller sample sizes.

Raza

Quote from: akuma_supreme on April 09, 2008, 11:40:15 PM
I chose that year because it had the largest response.  The other years are just as mediocre, albeit with smaller sample sizes.

I doubt any luxury car has stellar performance in quality surveys. 

Sample size or not, they're likely biased.  You can't go to a graveyard and come to the conclusion that everyone's dead.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

nickdrinkwater

akuma, have you ever driven or even sat in an A-Class?

cawimmer430

Quote from: akuma_supreme on April 08, 2008, 06:58:43 PM
Because if you put a mercedes emblem on a 4-cylinder golf-sized hatchback then it becomes a luxury car.

No. Because small and efficient premium cars are IN in Europe.

Not everyone wants a gas-guzzling fullsize luxury sedan. Just because you're wealthy and can afford a thirsty luxury car doesn't mean you want to. The best selling luxury cars in Europe are now diesels which are over 50% of total sales and growing. Small premium cars like the Audi A3 coupe / convertible, BMW 1-Series sedan / coupe / convertible or MB A- or B-Class and CLC-Class are part of the highly successful compact premium segment.

I've said this before. If you don't live in Europe and don't understand the market, then don't comment.  :rolleyes:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

cawimmer430

This akuma_supreme guy is either a Benz hater or an excellent "doing-it-on-purpose" troll!  :wtf:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: cawimmer430 on April 10, 2008, 05:11:08 AM
This akuma_supreme guy is either a Benz hater or an excellent "doing-it-on-purpose" troll!  :wtf:

Takes one to know one!

How's Jake these days?

cawimmer430

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on April 10, 2008, 05:28:04 AM
Takes one to know one!

How's Jake these days?

He was killed when his Infiniti G35 slammed head-on into a wall at close to 120 mph. Police said he was high on drugs or something so it probably was reckless driving and not suicide.  :ohyeah:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

850CSi

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on April 10, 2008, 01:05:10 AM
akuma, have you ever driven or even sat in an A-Class?

I asked him that question on the previous page. Still waiting for a response.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Raza  on April 09, 2008, 11:50:31 PM
I doubt any luxury car has stellar performance in quality surveys. 

Sample size or not, they're likely biased.  You can't go to a graveyard and come to the conclusion that everyone's dead.

Luxury cars are also more typically bought by horribly picky people anyways who'l complain about middling and even imagined things.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

2o6

Quote from: cawimmer430 on April 10, 2008, 05:31:08 AM
He was killed when his Infiniti G35 slammed head-on into a wall at close to 120 mph. Police said he was high on drugs or something so it probably was reckless driving and not suicide.  :ohyeah:

WHO IS JAKE??

2o6

Quote from: akuma_supreme on April 08, 2008, 11:09:40 PM
I suppose what I should have said is;  "Mercedes are inferior, overpriced, poorly built Scheisseautos.   The A-class and B-class only make this fact more glaring."

3rd time:

Have you sat in, driven or even seen an A or B-Class in person?

Raza

Quote from: Soup DeVille on April 10, 2008, 06:05:36 PM
Luxury cars are also more typically bought by horribly picky people anyways who'l complain about middling and even imagined things.

That's part of the biased sampling.  It also has to do with volunteer surveys.  Say I have a fridge that works wonderfully.  The light goes on when I open the door and the light goes off when I close the door (I threw my cousin in there to make sure).  It stays cold.  I would never bother going on the internet to take a survey to tell people that my fridge keeps things cold.  But if it didn't keep cold, I'd be all over the internet telling people not to buy Amana (seriously, don't buy Amana; we had three go bad within a day of delivery).  People don't care about things if they work.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Raza  on April 10, 2008, 10:44:50 PM
That's part of the biased sampling.  It also has to do with volunteer surveys.  Say I have a fridge that works wonderfully.  The light goes on when I open the door and the light goes off when I close the door (I threw my cousin in there to make sure).  It stays cold.  I would never bother going on the internet to take a survey to tell people that my fridge keeps things cold.  But if it didn't keep cold, I'd be all over the internet telling people not to buy Amana (seriously, don't buy Amana; we had three go bad within a day of delivery).  People don't care about things if they work.

That too.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Soup DeVille

My personal view of car reliability is based on how many of each model I see sitting on the side of the road.

cawimmer430

Quote from: 2o6 on April 10, 2008, 06:13:00 PM
WHO IS JAKE??

He used to post on the Car and Driver forums. A real jerk. Was the biggest Infiniti fanboy ever and was so delusional about them that he didn't take shit from anybody. He made fun of Lexus and Acura's as being rebadged Toyota's and Honda's but said that Infiniti was a "true luxury brand" with more racing heritage than BMW or MB.

He would always recommend Infiniti's. If someone was looking for an economy car Jake would tell them to get an Infiniti G35. If someone wanted a new SUV Jake would pester them with the OX or another G35 etc. What a moron.  :praise:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: Soup DeVille on April 10, 2008, 10:56:20 PM
My personal view of car reliability is based on how many of each model I see sitting on the side of the road.

:lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Vinsanity

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de