'06 Ford Mustang Facelift

Started by autom?vel, July 15, 2005, 01:14:14 PM

autom?vel

Here's the link with the Ranger facelift, etc.  I figure most of you have seen this off C&D already, but I can't get enough of the Ford Mustang.

Isn't that beautiful? ?    :lol:

?Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.?
          -  Teddy Roosevelt

ifcar

I asked this on C/D, but no one answered: is this an all-Mustang facelift, or a new grille that comes as part of the new Pony Package?

footoflead

Looks good to me...even better than the '05

cant wait...mabye i can talk my dad into limpin our current stang along and the get him to buy an '06 :D  B)  
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

TBR

It is probably just the pony package grill. Either way it looks nice.  

BMWDave

QuoteI asked this on C/D, but no one answered: is this an all-Mustang facelift, or a new grille that comes as part of the new Pony Package?
I think its only with the Pony Package.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

autom?vel

You're right, it's just the Pony package.  I saw it on C&D and jumped the gun without verifying what was said.  Here's a link with more about it.  The GT just gets a few new options like 18" wheels.
?Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.?
          -  Teddy Roosevelt

280Z Turbo

The Ranger looks facelifted alright. 1996 (or perhaps even 1986 :o ) meets 2006. They really need to re-do it soon. They're losing market-share.

JYODER240

I read over at themustangsource.com that it is just for the pony package, and if you look closely at the bottom just below the doors it is plastic, a characteristic of V6's.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Raghavan

ummm.... what's different about the mustang?

Raza

Quoteummm.... what's different about the mustang?
Grille treatments.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raghavan

Quoteummm.... what's different about the mustang?
Grille treatments.

what's different about the grille?

TBR

Smaller driving lights and a chrome ring around the logo.  

280Z Turbo

QuoteSmaller driving lights and a chrome ring around the logo.
The bumper is a bit different than the GT, as well. It looks like it's a V6 bumper.

I'll bet it's a "make the V6 model look faster" kind of package.

giant_mtb

Raghavan

QuoteSmaller driving lights and a chrome ring around the logo.
oh. now i see it. the driving lights looks nicer than the current one's but it's not much of a difference.

EdG

I think the new grille looks alot better, but is the pony package only avalable for the v6?

autom?vel

QuoteI think the new grille looks alot better, but is the pony package only avalable for the v6?

That's right.

For 2006, Ford debuts the new "Pony Package" on V-6 coupe and convertible "Premium" models. At a Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $1,195, the Mustang V-6 "Pony Package" offers tremendous performance value, adding the following equipment:
Customized "Pony" grille encompassing GT-model-like round fog lamps and a chrome bezel around the traditional Mustang prancing horse
GT-inspired suspension featuring a larger front stabilizer bar, the addition of a rear stabilizer bar and P235/55ZR 17-inch tires on painted cast aluminum wheels with bright machined rims and unique tri-bar Pony center caps ? the largest wheels and tires ever fitted to a V-6 Mustang
Pony front fender badges, lower door tape stripe and carpeted front floor mats with special brushed chrome "Mustang" logos and a rear spoiler
4-wheel disc brakes with anti-lock braking system (ABS) and traction control
Customers also can continue to customize the interior of both the Mustang V-6 and GT models with an Interior Upgrade Package, Interior Sport Appearance Package and the Interior Color Enhancement Package.
          -  Teddy Roosevelt

Raza

They should use the smaller lights on the GT as well.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

BMWDave

QuoteThey should use the smaller lights on the GT as well.
I agree.  The whole front end looks better.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...