gtpc 625

Started by J86, April 03, 2008, 12:21:06 PM

J86

Do me a favor- don't check the properties on the URL :lol:

Tave

Blue Hole (I swear I didn't look...my uncle used to keep a catamaran in Belize)
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

J86

Quote from: Tave on April 03, 2008, 01:10:06 PM
Blue Hole (I swear I didn't look...my uncle used to keep a catamaran in Belize)

You got it!  Should give a shout out to Byeme, who knew it but chose to let the torch be passed...

Where did he keep the boat?  San Pedro?  I sailed out of there last winter.

sandertheshark

I remember seeing Jacques Cousteau on TV scuba diving in the Great Blue Hole.

Tave

Quote from: J86 on April 03, 2008, 03:19:37 PM
Where did he keep the boat?  San Pedro?  I sailed out of there last winter.

Perhaps. He had it contracted out to a charter company, so it might have floated around a bit. He did all his maintenance and dry-docking on lake Izabal, Guatemala
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

J86

Quote from: Tave on April 04, 2008, 03:27:56 AM
Perhaps. He had it contracted out to a charter company, so it might have floated around a bit. He did all his maintenance and dry-docking on lake Izabal, Guatemala

Haha, he very likely could have contracted it to the charter company that I used...there are only a couple of them in Belize.  Every time a hurricane comes, they have to take the boats all the way to that lake.

Tave

Quote from: J86 on April 04, 2008, 06:46:59 AM
Haha, he very likely could have contracted it to the charter company that I used...there are only a couple of them in Belize.  Every time a hurricane comes, they have to take the boats all the way to that lake.

Yeah, his first boat was destroyed in a bad hurricane about 10 years ago. Unfortunately, they no longer made his model, so insurance paid him to upgrade to a 47 or 49 footer (can't remember which). I guess we all have to make sacrifices. :tounge: