2010 Ford Taurus pic leaked

Started by crv16, April 09, 2008, 07:00:31 AM

Nethead

In a parking lot full of Asian imports, how would you ever find this car?  The trouble with trendy vehicles is you can never decide whether you should wear the black tie or the navy blue tie when you drive it. :(  And should I get it in Sandalwood or Beige? :cry:
So many stairs...so little time...

Morris Minor

Forgive my ignorance, but how are the Fusion, Mondeo & this new Taurus related, if at all? Are they the same platforms?
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

2o6

Quote from: Morris Minor on April 25, 2008, 02:06:27 PM
Forgive my ignorance, but how are the Fusion, Mondeo & this new Taurus related, if at all? Are they the same platforms?

Fusion: Previous Gen Mazda 6 based.

Mondeo: Shares platform with New Mazda 6......Volvo developed, shares parts with C1 platform

Taurus: I don't even know.

MX793

Quote from: 2o6 on April 25, 2008, 02:09:24 PM

Fusion: Previous Gen Mazda 6 based.

Mondeo: Shares platform with New Mazda 6......Volvo developed, shares parts with C1 platform

Taurus: I don't even know.

Mondeo is on EUCD, the Mazda6 is on the CD3-2 platform (even the Euro and JDM market models), which is the second generation of the original Mazda6 platform.

The current Taurus is on the D3 platform, which was the previous generation Volvo S80 platform.  This new one may be riding on a slightly revised version, or could potentially move to the latest S80 platform (I suspect the former is more likely than the latter).
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

nickdrinkwater

Sometimes I don't know why people place much emphasis on platforms.  Just because cars share a platform, doesn't make them necessarily that similar.

akuma_supreme

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on April 25, 2008, 05:26:22 PM
Sometimes I don't know why people place much emphasis on platforms.  Just because cars share a platform, doesn't make them necessarily that similar.

So true.  I think this is a holdover from the olden days when cars were largely based off of body-on-frame platforms.  Back then, a platform meant more since it also inferred what sort of driving dynamics the car might have as well as what powerplants would fit on it.

Nowdays, with the advent of highly flexible platforms- like the ones that underpin the midsize Hondas (Accord/Odyssey/Pilot/Ridgeline/TL) or Toyotas (Camry/Solara/Sienna/Highlander/RX/ES/and I'm sure I missed a couple more) it really has lost its meaning.

hounddog

I like it.  Looks Volvo-y without looking like a Volvo.  Nice.  Now, if they can just get it to feel like a Volvo!
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.

Atomic

Quote from: hounddog on May 04, 2008, 06:18:32 PM
I like it.  Looks Volvo-y without looking like a Volvo.  Nice.  Now, if they can just get it to feel like a Volvo!

i test drove a 2008 ford taurus with every option, including awd. i also drove a lesser fwd model, a rental. both road and drove the same - much like a new toyota camry le (opposed to se). the fords were very quiet, but didn't handle quite as good as the camry (a negative thing, imo). all three had the ride a buick owner would drool over. my parents would love them all. personally, i prefer the honda accord ex-l v6.

i hope the next generation ford taurus and mercury sable (if there is one) are far sportier, but i doubt it. these vehicles will replace the aged crown victoria and mercury grand marquis, just as the upcoming lincoln mks is said to eventually take the place of the archaic town car and town car L. those fans should be thrilled, imo.