Variants likely for upcoming Lexus IS

Started by BMWDave, July 18, 2005, 08:28:01 AM

Raza

QuoteAnd did you see, the Transporter 2 is using an Audi A8 6.0 W12!
Yeah, I'm disappointed.

I'm also disappointed that the movie looks like Man on Fire, but not as deep or nearly as good.  It still should be a fun action flick, unless Besson went too over the top.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SJ_GTI

QuoteIts funny reading this thread how US centric we all are.

IN the US maybe most 3ers and 5ers are sold as autos, but go over to europe and it will be the opposite.

Also maybe I am just strange but alot of the 540i's and 545i's I have seen are manual or SMG. I would guess from personal experience that the manual take is actually higher on the 545i than on the 525i or 530i.

Also, as FBC pointed out there are plenty of enthusiasts that will only consider manuals. As an enthusiast I am not going to let my tastes bedictating by the lowest common denominator. BMW right now is the only company that caters to enthusiasts across its entire model range (except the 7er  :P ) as far as I am concerned. Even though as you can tell from my own car I am not beholden to BMW, I have to admit I admire BMW's in general more than any other mainstream manufacturer.
I dont believe the 7er even has a manual in Europe.
I'm still trying to figure out what the reply is for.

BMWDave

QuoteIts funny reading this thread how US centric we all are.

IN the US maybe most 3ers and 5ers are sold as autos, but go over to europe and it will be the opposite.

Also maybe I am just strange but alot of the 540i's and 545i's I have seen are manual or SMG. I would guess from personal experience that the manual take is actually higher on the 545i than on the 525i or 530i.

Also, as FBC pointed out there are plenty of enthusiasts that will only consider manuals. As an enthusiast I am not going to let my tastes bedictating by the lowest common denominator. BMW right now is the only company that caters to enthusiasts across its entire model range (except the 7er? :P ) as far as I am concerned. Even though as you can tell from my own car I am not beholden to BMW, I have to admit I admire BMW's in general more than any other mainstream manufacturer.
I dont believe the 7er even has a manual in Europe.
I'm still trying to figure out what the reply is for.
Someone had mentioned (Raza, I believe) abuot the previous gen Transporter having a manual...so that was what I was replying to.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

SJ_GTI

So you just quoted me at random?  :blink:  

BMWDave

QuoteSo you just quoted me at random?  :blink:
I accidentally clicked on the Quote button, when I only intended to reply, and not quote your post B)

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

SJ_GTI

QuoteSo you just quoted me at random?  :blink:
I accidentally clicked on the Quote button, when I only intended to reply, and not quote your post B)
Don't let it happen again.  :angry:

:lol: