First problems with the new Golf

Started by Pommes-T, May 05, 2008, 02:40:26 PM

Pommes-T

Hi folks!

Today I had problems with the Golf for the first time and I am pretty pissed off actually. I was driving from the examination office back to Medical school with 3 friends through the city while it was rush hour. In a right turn I hit the gas to change the lane as it made a bang and the car started roaring. The turn led me into a tunnel and I couldn't stop there. The car was still driveable, but made frightening noises and it didn't rev up as it should anymore. I found a parking lot directly near the inner city lake (which is a miracle!), called VW and waited for a pick up. They told me a sealing ring had blown off and probably tomorrow it will be fixed.

Thing is: On wednesday I'll have a biological chemistry test. Today I missed about 3 hours of learning and tomorrow I'll loose another one. We bought a new car, because we expected trouble with a 17 years old car that NEVER had issues like THAT. Now I drive a 1000miles old car and it causes such trouble.

My next car will be a beater again!  :rastaman:

Oh, and now I drive a VW Variant TDI (105hp). It feels way quicker than I expected it to be, but makes terribly noisy diesel sounds. That's not state of the art anymore. It's extremely roomy, but the sound trashes the whole car.
'00 BMW 523i

Pommes-T

hmmm... maybe the wrong word. Gasket?
'00 BMW 523i

Middle_Path

Gasket may be the right word. Valve or head gasket? I don't know as I haven't worked on gaskets, but generally you lose compression, leak fluids or burn oil. Gasket shouldn't blow on a new car though unless you totally screwed up somehow, but I could be way wrong. I'm barely a "shade tree" mechanic.

Ehh, if gets fixed for free then that is cool. You just have a good excuse to consume lots of beer. Party hard Pommes, I know you want to.
You see what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps?!!

Pommes-T

My Golf is repaired and on tuesday I could pick it up. I am still not sure what exatcly happened, but actually I don't really care. I have a 4 year guaranty, so it got fixed for free and I could have fun with the Golf Variant (I love driving rentals, since they are not mine...).

'00 BMW 523i

Morris Minor

good luck with the car... and the exams. Let us know what the problem was.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

AutobahnSHO

ouch!
When I was in Germany and my car went "bang" and didn't rev right anymore, a crankshaft/rod bearing had "slipped" and broke the rod.
Poor SHO was dead forever...

Good look w/ exams!
Will

Pommes-T

Thanks guys!

I did great with my biological chemistry examination!   :partyon:
'00 BMW 523i