Anyone else really impressed with the IS-F's speed in the latest R&T?

Started by 565, May 17, 2008, 09:52:11 PM

Yawn

Quote from: CALL_911 on June 18, 2008, 10:21:49 PM
Buddy, more often than not, that isn't the case.

I come from an Asian family, and we have 1 Asian car in our fleet, and it's country of origin doesn't have a thing to do with the country my family's from.

Koreans will only buy Asian or European.. You will rarely see them in American or Korean Cars.. How do i know that?? Well come to OC where they seem to all live.. Next time I am there I should take a pic of the market parking lot.. Lux heaven

Yawn

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on June 21, 2008, 02:00:39 PM
I only buy Dutch cars because I'm Dutch.

That's why I own a Spyker C8.

Yeah but your Dutch American.. Our family is German period.

Tave

Quote from: Yawn on June 23, 2008, 09:57:40 AM
Koreans will only buy Asian or European.. You will rarely see them in American or Korean Cars..

Then why does the Korean kid across the street from me drive a Chevy Lumina?

BTW, White Americans buy Asian cars. Why wouldn't Asian Americans buy them too?

My Dutch (Dutch citizen) uncle just bought a Jeep Wrangler. Him and my aunt also owned a Honda Element.

My British uncle bought a used Tacoma.

In conclusion, I think your generalizations are worthless.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

CALL_911

Koreans will only buy Asian or European.. You will rarely see them in American or Korean Cars.. How do i know that?? Well come to OC where they seem to all live.. Next time I am there I should take a pic of the market parking lot.. Lux heaven

Why does the Korean kid on this forum own an SVT Contour, and why does his family have an Explorer? I live in an area heavily populated by Korean people, and they drive plenty of Korean and American cars.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Vinsanity

I live in OC and still have to disagree with you. If anything, Koreans are more likely than other Asians to buy American cars due to the cultural tension between Korea and Japan. My dad worked for a Korean lady a few years back and between her and her husband, they owned a Mercedes CL, a BMW E38, and a late-90's Ford Taurus. I have no idea why they have a Taurus, but they have never considered buying a Japanese car.

Come to think of it, all the Asians on this board I can think of at the moment all have American cars :confused:

Tave

More importantly, generalizing what type of car a person is likely to drive based off of his or her ethnic background is a pointless, not to mention inaccurate, exercise.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Vinsanity

Quote from: Tave on June 23, 2008, 10:59:08 AM
More importantly, generalizing what type of car a person is likely to drive based off of his or her ethnic background is a pointless, not to mention inaccurate, exercise.

I agree. Someone at a local radio station made an attempt to have listeners call in and tell him what kind of car they drove, and he would attempt to guess their age/sex/ethnicity based on that. Needless to say, he failed miserably and the DJ's got a kick out of it :lol:

NomisR

I would say Koreans are more likely to buy a Korean car then other manufacturers, especially in So Cal because the FOBs are more nationalistic.  The only reason they would move to non-korean brand because they don't offer a luxury brand car. 

Well, hmm.. I guess a Korean luzury brand would work then in this case...