***TESTDROVE A 2003 MERCEDES-BENZ CL600***

Started by cawimmer430, July 20, 2005, 11:02:45 AM

Raza

Great cars.  I drove an S55 AMG a little while ago, and it was incredible.  I was also very impressed with the grunt of the CLS500 that I drove...and I was more impressed with the interior of the CLS than of the S.  If the 645 wasn't sold with a manual, the CLS would be the hands down winner in the category.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

BMWDave

QuoteGreat cars.  I drove an S55 AMG a little while ago, and it was incredible.  I was also very impressed with the grunt of the CLS500 that I drove...and I was more impressed with the interior of the CLS than of the S.  If the 645 wasn't sold with a manual, the CLS would be the hands down winner in the category.
You mean it would be the winner on interior design?

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Raza

QuoteGreat cars.  I drove an S55 AMG a little while ago, and it was incredible.  I was also very impressed with the grunt of the CLS500 that I drove...and I was more impressed with the interior of the CLS than of the S.  If the 645 wasn't sold with a manual, the CLS would be the hands down winner in the category.
Overall.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

BMWDave

QuoteGreat cars.? I drove an S55 AMG a little while ago, and it was incredible.? I was also very impressed with the grunt of the CLS500 that I drove...and I was more impressed with the interior of the CLS than of the S.? If the 645 wasn't sold with a manual, the CLS would be the hands down winner in the category.
Overall.
The CLS definitely wins on interior design and execution, but besides its 4 doors, its advantages end there, IMO.

The 6er has a much better engine, manual transmission, and looks better, IMO.

2007 Honda S2000

Colonel Cadillac

QuoteThat must have been incredible! I am truly happy for you Wimmer. I have always been hoping that my dad come home with a brand new 911 Turbo so I could hammer it and feel what it is like to be pounded into my seat! (0-60 3.9 seconds!)
I share your same dream...but it is just that: a dream.  <_<  :(  :ph34r:

But... :rockon:
When you guys are older and on your own, then you can always save up money to buy a Turbo, or you can buy one used.

Dreams do come true you know :rockon:
My plan is to make a lot of money so I can build a parking garage under my house to fill with cars :D  

Raghavan

QuoteGreat cars.  I drove an S55 AMG a little while ago, and it was incredible.  I was also very impressed with the grunt of the CLS500 that I drove...and I was more impressed with the interior of the CLS than of the S.  If the 645 wasn't sold with a manual, the CLS would be the hands down winner in the category.
Overall.
The CLS definitely wins on interior design and execution, but besides its 4 doors, its advantages end there, IMO.

and you're just a troll. :lol:  

giant_mtb

QuoteThat must have been incredible! I am truly happy for you Wimmer. I have always been hoping that my dad come home with a brand new 911 Turbo so I could hammer it and feel what it is like to be pounded into my seat! (0-60 3.9 seconds!)
I share your same dream...but it is just that: a dream.  <_<  :(  :ph34r:

But... :rockon:
When you guys are older and on your own, then you can always save up money to buy a Turbo, or you can buy one used.

Dreams do come true you know :rockon:
I'd just buy an STi instead...much more practical for less.  But, if I did have the chance to buy a Turbo...hell yeah!  :lol:  :lol:  

Raza

Overall.

Looks better?  The 645Ci, while a good looking car (Bangle's #3, in my opinion), can't touch the artful design of the CLS.  The engine, the SOHC 5 litre V8 is a monster--don't for a second think it's an inferior engine to the 4.4L V8 from BMW--You know how many times I've seen an S500 trump the more powerful 745i in a 0-60 comparison?  That 5 litre is a strong powerplant.  The 645 might handle better, true, but both are 4000 pound pigs, so whatever.  

And as for the manual, I already qualified that statement.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

BMWDave

QuoteGreat cars.? I drove an S55 AMG a little while ago, and it was incredible.? I was also very impressed with the grunt of the CLS500 that I drove...and I was more impressed with the interior of the CLS than of the S.? If the 645 wasn't sold with a manual, the CLS would be the hands down winner in the category.
Overall.

Looks better?  The 645Ci, while a good looking car (Bangle's #3, in my opinion), can't touch the artful design of the CLS.  The engine, the SOHC 5 litre V8 is a monster--don't for a second think it's an inferior engine to the 4.4L V8 from BMW--You know how many times I've seen an S500 trump the more powerful 745i in a 0-60 comparison?  That 5 litre is a strong powerplant.  The 645 might handle better, true, but both are 4000 pound pigs, so whatever.  

Looks better is a subjective field.

I am not saying the V8 isnt a monster, but I prefer BMW's V8.  

And what are you talking about acceleration?  The BMW easily wins in that respect.  MT got to 60 in 6.5 seconds ( S500 Sport edition )

They got 6.1 seconds for a 745i. Link

2007 Honda S2000

Raza

Overall.

And what are you talking about acceleration?  The BMW easily wins in that respect.  MT got to 60 in 6.5 seconds ( S500 Sport edition )

A bit ago, in an Automobile comparo, the 745i got 6.2, and the S500got 5.9 seconds.  I've seen that result more than once.  The Li is even slower.  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

BMWDave

Overall.

A bit ago, in an Automobile comparo, the 745i got 6.2, and the S500got 5.9 seconds.  I've seen that result more than once.  The Li is even slower.
Link, please.

2007 Honda S2000

Raza

Shit, it was two years ago.  I don't have a link.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i