2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Spy Photos

Started by BMWDave, July 21, 2005, 06:44:45 AM

BMWDave

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Spy Photos

Seen here testing somewhere in the Californian desert with massive cladding is the new 2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class.  Expect official unveiling at Geneva 2007 with sales starting shortly after.  Also expect the wagon to arrive 6 months later in the autumn or fall.  Our sources state a cabriolet soft-top and coupe are also planned which we can only interpret as being the new CLK-Class which is also based on the same platform.  Air suspension or active body control have been ruled out due to cost restraints.  Base engine will be a direct injection 4-cylinder 1.8 liter with varying horsepower from 150 to 190.  Horsepower for the 2.5 liter V6 and 3.5 liter V6 will be 210 to 270 respectively.  AMG's 5.4-litre will be revised with new horsepower rating up from today's 360 to 400-410hp to compete with the Audi RS4 and future BMW M3.  Also a 3.0 liter diesel is planned as well as the new iDrive-like operating concept found in the new S-Class.  4MATIC all-wheel-drive system will also remain available as well

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Colonel Cadillac

With all that junk on it, it looks like a Charger.

ifcar

Dave, how much of that is cladding and how much is real?

BMWDave

I spotted this thing with a lot less camo on it that it has now.

2007 Honda S2000

R33 GT-R

No help at all from this pic, anything could be under that mess.
Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!

TBR

QuoteWith all that junk on it, it looks like a Charger.
That is exactly what I thought, but it should be a very nice car once the cladding is off, even the current C-class is a great car after all of the re-engineering that has taken place.  

ifcar

That is exactly what I thought, but it should be a very nice car once the cladding is off, even the current C-class is a great car after all of the re-engineering that has taken place.
The only mainstream C-Class model that I currently like is the C350, and it's extremely overpriced, well into the $40Ks with just a few options. And while it's a good car, it's not that good. And the lower-priced C230 and C240 just aren't great cars, even aside from the price.

Raghavan

TBR

The only mainstream C-Class model that I currently like is the C350, and it's extremely overpriced, well into the $40Ks with just a few options. And while it's a good car, it's not that good. And the lower-priced C230 and C240 just aren't great cars, even aside from the price.
They are fine cars, just not as powerful as their competitors. And, the C350 is really no more expensive than an A4 or 3-series (if it is it isn't much more expensive). But, I agree that it would be nice if the prices were lower.  

BMWDave

QuoteDave, how much of that is cladding and how much is real?
I just saw this post....umm...it definitely had pronounced shoulder bulges, but not that much.  The hood was much more streamilined...nothing was sticking out above the headlights.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

My main concern is the windowline; the side of the car doesn't really look like a 59 Cadillac tailfin from the windshield on, right?

BMWDave

QuoteMy main concern is the windowline; the side of the car doesn't really look like a 59 Cadillac tailfin from the windshield on, right?
Not at all...that is an absurd line planted to fool people...it had a slim windowline, which looked very nice.  You can see part of it from the pictures on the main web page :)

2007 Honda S2000

Tom

You can't tell a single thing from that cladding.  It could be shaped to appear misleading, who knows.  I think this time around the C Klassse will prove to be a good car unlike the recent C crap.

By the way, I was sitting in traffic behind a CDI yesterday.  Diesels are rare where I live so I was surprised to see one, untill I noticed the Sunshine State plates.  So I angled the Buick into the shoulder to get closer to the exhaust.  I turned off Marley and stuck my head out the window to hear how loud and smelly the exhaust is.  I honestly coundn't detect any diesel odor or hear the engine at all.  Impressive.

Raza

If it's half as beautiful as the current car, I'll be happy.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

The C350 6 speed is finally out!  I'm happy about that.  Though the C350 I want is 45-47K...hope my man can give me a good deal or I'm going to Bimmer.

The C230, though, is a great car.  The C230K Sport Sedan 6 speed (with the updated manual) is a blast.  Handling isn't as crisp as the 3er, but the manual is nearly there.  It's also got great styling, and is actually small--unlike the new 3er.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

CaseyNPham

It looks like the Grille is going to stay the same and not change to a CLK/CLS  style grille. Also, either the wheelbase was shortened, or it's much taller. Maybe even both, but this car looks bigger than the current one. Probably because of the beltline. And I swear, that trunklid better not make it into production. And I hope the interior doesn't look like that of the S-classes because that thing is :wacko:  -_-  <_<  
Quoteand then caseyNpham got a 17 incher up his 'umbrella stand' and then he screamed like a little

Raza

QuoteIt looks like the Grille is going to stay the same and not change to a CLK/CLS  style grille. Also, either the wheelbase was shortened, or it's much taller. Maybe even both, but this car looks bigger than the current one. Probably because of the beltline. And I swear, that trunklid better not make it into production. And I hope the interior doesn't look like that of the S-classes because that thing is :wacko:  -_-  <_<
They wouldn't change the grille to the ones like the CLK/CL because that's reserved for sportier models--as always, it's available as an aftermarket switch.  It's becoming more popular now--I'm seeing them pop up more now.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

mazda6er

Holy frickin' crap! Camo much? They probably added 500 lbs. to the curb weight of that mobese. It looks like Hannibal Lector with the facemask. :o  
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer