Renault World Series - Silverstone. Part 2

Started by Colin, June 09, 2008, 01:04:13 PM

Colin

One of the highlights was the possibility for Renault Owners to take their cars out on a couple of parade laps. Although I am not a Renault owner, I know a man who is, so I had the fun of being strapped into friend Steve's Avantime, and joining the group of Sport Spiders, Avantimes, Clios and Meganes out on the first day. Although the laps were carefully controlled behind a circuit car there were occasions when some speed could be attained, and I can tell you that if you are looking backwards, trying to get photos of the cars behind, as I was, it can be quite exhilarating, as you don't know when the next corner or the next change of speed is coming up! Here are a few of the shots I did get - with apologies for the rather evident heated rear window element lines!

There was a good display of Avantimes in the Renault Owners Club area, of course.

Here was where there was lots of variety, with a wide range of cars, some more original than others.

The 4CV:

Dauphine Gordini. This UK-asembled car, dating form 1959, mustered a heady 39 bhp!

R8 - several of these were on show, all of them from the more performant end of the range!

R10. This was a slightly larger version fo the R8.