Sighted: BMW M3!

Started by Submariner, July 21, 2005, 03:02:19 PM

TBR

QuoteIf you do get the A8, lower it about an inch so it looks more professional...it looks a little too high for my tastes in stock form.  B)
I was thinking the same thing. As far as the A8 goes, it handles almost as well as the BMW, but its ride is a bit more rough (should be fine considering what you're driving now). Like the 745i, the A8 had a few teething problems, but 2004 models should be fine. I personally find the A8 to be quite attractive and you should be able to get a better deal on one than you can get on a 745i.
How come it's so high, it does look funny.  Compare it to the A8L and it looks real high.
Actually, I bet the air suspension is adjusted too high for some reason, that must be it.  

R33 GT-R

QuoteIf you do get the A8, lower it about an inch so it looks more professional...it looks a little too high for my tastes in stock form.? B)
I was thinking the same thing. As far as the A8 goes, it handles almost as well as the BMW, but its ride is a bit more rough (should be fine considering what you're driving now). Like the 745i, the A8 had a few teething problems, but 2004 models should be fine. I personally find the A8 to be quite attractive and you should be able to get a better deal on one than you can get on a 745i.
How come it's so high, it does look funny.  Compare it to the A8L and it looks real high.
Actually, I bet the air suspension is adjusted too high for some reason, that must be it.
I didn't know if it had the air ride or not, your probably right.  I'm over at autotrader.
Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!

TBR

I believe they all do, I think it is standard equipment.

Raza

The A8 is not as capable as the 745i.  The A8 is actually the car most like the W140 on the market today.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

R33 GT-R

QuoteThe A8 is not as capable as the 745i.  The A8 is actually the car most like the W140 on the market today.
I don't like the rear of the 04 after looking at it, I like the rear of the 05 but it's too much.  Still perplexed, any ideas chime in and maybe I can be more confused.  I still think I would really enjoy the 745i but after missing that deal today I may hold off for a bit.   :(  

TBR

QuoteThe A8 is not as capable as the 745i.  The A8 is actually the car most like the W140 on the market today.
I don't like the rear of the 04 after looking at it, I like the rear of the 05 but it's too much.  Still perplexed, any ideas chime in and maybe I can be more confused.  I still think I would really enjoy the 745i but after missing that deal today I may hold off for a bit.   :(
Sounds to me like your options are  a S500 (which is being replaced soon) or a midsize sports sedan such as a M5 or RS6.  

Raza

You'd be better off buying a W220 or 221 than waiting for the new model.  I do like the S class...ours has been perfect.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

mazda6er

Ever consider an XJ, R-33? Not sure how quickly they depreciate, but since you're looking at new A8s, I assume that's a viable option.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

R33 GT-R

QuoteYou'd be better off buying a W220 or 221 than waiting for the new model.  I do like the S class...ours has been perfect.
One thing Raza, I don't buy brand new cars anymore.  The depreciation is such a waste after you pass the 40k mark.  The only reason I bought my Ram 3500 new was for the over 6000 lb tax credit.  That's the main reason I like the 745 as much as I do, it's not dated looking yet for 04 models and even 03.  This gives you huge savings and a vehicle with anywhere from 12-30k miles.  

TBR

QuoteEver consider an XJ, R-33? Not sure how quickly they depreciate, but since you're looking at new A8s, I assume that's a viable option.
The XJ is too "old manish" for him, but it does have worse depreciation than pretty much everything else in this class.

R33 GT-R

R33 GT-R

QuoteEver consider an XJ, R-33? Not sure how quickly they depreciate, but since you're looking at new A8s, I assume that's a viable option.
The XJ is too "old manish" for him, but it does have worse depreciation than pretty much everything else in this class.
TBR is right, it's the old timers ride.  Plus you have to buy one 5 years old to get a decent deal.

TBR

Where did you come up with that? They depreciate like crazy!

mazda6er

QuoteCheck out this Raza, an 02 S55 AMG.
That looks sweet. How can these cars be so cheap?
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

TBR

QuoteCheck out this Raza, an 02 S55 AMG.
If you drive it and like it, it is a good car, but some people have complained about the quality of the pre-'03 models. However, it looks gorgeous in those pics.  

R33 GT-R

The only thing I can't stand about this car, look at the headlamps on it.

Then look at the xenon clear and how much better the nose looks.

mazda6er

QuoteThe only thing I can't stand about this car, look at the headlamps on it.

I agree. Simple enough to have fixed/fix yourself though.  
--Mark

R33 GT-R

QuoteThe only thing I can't stand about this car, look at the headlamps on it.

I agree. Simple enough to have fixed/fix yourself though.
Your right and it looks like it was well taken care of, I wonder if the 03 headlamps will fit in it?  I know my xenons on my 230 are 750 each to replace so these must be over 1000 each.  

TBR

Seems like they did a surprisingly extensive redesign of the nose for '03 (surprisingly because it doesn't look that different), so they may not.

R33 GT-R

QuoteSeems like they did a surprisingly extensive redesign of the nose for '03 (surprisingly because it doesn't look that different), so they may not.
Well I would think they would have offered them in 02, let's take a gander and see.

TBR

I don't believe the S-class was available with clear lense headlights until 2003 when they became standard.  

R33 GT-R

QuoteI don't believe the S-class was available with clear lense headlights until 2003 when they became standard.
Every 2002 has those shitty ones and it says that they are zenon but hazed lensed.  I just found on autotrader a 2002 S55AMG with 15,789 miles for 57,800.  Somebody didn't drive that at all hardly, that's a scary car to buy because it's been sitting around too much.  That's only around 4k miles a year, spooky.

BMWDave

If you get the Audi, you must get it in natural brown leather with dark brown wood.  Every interior with natural brown seems to be amazing B)

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

R33 GT-R

QuoteIf you get the Audi, you must get it in natural brown leather with dark brown wood.  Every interior with natural brown seems to be amazing B)
The Audi is out, the rear of the 04s just doesn't do it for me.  The 05 has a nice tail feather but it's out of the price range.

BMWDave

QuoteIf you get the Audi, you must get it in natural brown leather with dark brown wood.  Every interior with natural brown seems to be amazing B)
The Audi is out, the rear of the 04s just doesn't do it for me.  The 05 has a nice tail feather but it's out of the price range.
Get the M5!  :lol:

2007 Honda S2000

R33 GT-R

QuoteIf you get the Audi, you must get it in natural brown leather with dark brown wood.? Every interior with natural brown seems to be amazing B)
I'm seriously considering it but I really like the newer 745.  I'm going to let is saute a bit.

BMWDave

QuoteIf you get the Audi, you must get it in natural brown leather with dark brown wood.? Every interior with natural brown seems to be amazing B)
I'm seriously considering it but I really like the newer 745.  I'm going to let is saute a bit.
I'll look for deals :)

2007 Honda S2000

BMWDave

2007 Honda S2000

BMWDave

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

QuoteHeres another deal
i thought you said that 03's were bad because of glitches and electrical problems....