Michigan State Police Charger

Started by Catman, May 05, 2005, 08:53:44 PM

Catman

TBR

QuoteIt's a chop but pretty cool. B)

Very awesome, I'm glad that the police will finally have a better option.

MaxPower

After the concept Police Charger at NYIAS, how long will it take to actually get them out on the streets?

I imagine it can't be that hard to get the police version going after the release of the mainstream Charger.

Anyone know if any Magnums are out in service, or do they only exist in manufacturer test form as well?

Catman

The Magnums are out.  The Charger comes out this fall I believe.

BMWDave

QuoteThe Magnums are out.  The Charger comes out this fall I believe.
From a cops perspective, Catman, is the Charger better than the Vic?  Just curious?

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Colonel Cadillac

If I were a cop, I would hope to get the Charger first! A decent handling RWD V8 monstercar would be an incredible improvement over the wobbily Crown Vic.  

Catman

QuoteThe Magnums are out.  The Charger comes out this fall I believe.
From a cops perspective, Catman, is the Charger better than the Vic?  Just curious?
I think most are waiting to see how it plays out.  The Charger will have to earn respect with a tough crowd, so I don't know.  If other depts are having the quality issues with the Fords we are this year I wouldn't be surprised to see a few departments try them.  Even my chief was open to grabbing a couple to try, maybe even a Magnum. :o  

Speed_Racer

I don't want to see one of those in my rearview mirrors. Yikes, scary looking Cruiser.

BMWDave

QuoteThe Magnums are out.? The Charger comes out this fall I believe.
I think most are waiting to see how it plays out.  The Charger will have to earn respect with a tough crowd, so I don't know.  If other depts are having the quality issues with the Fords we are this year I wouldn't be surprised to see a few departments try them.  Even my chief was open to grabbing a couple to try, maybe even a Magnum. :o
I will be watching out for you! ;)  

2007 Honda S2000

MX793

The Charger just makes for a really badass police cruiser.  Looks like it belongs in a RoboCop movie.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

hahn

Time will tell.  Unit body cars don't have an extremely great track record as police cars, but everything that comes to mind is a FWD setup.

Hopefully DCX had the sense to beef up the platform considerably.

I look forward to the first time I am pulled over by a Charger.

BMWDave

QuoteTime will tell.  Unit body cars don't have an extremely great track record as police cars, but everything that comes to mind is a FWD setup.

Hopefully DCX had the sense to beef up the platform considerably.

I look forward to the first time I am pulled over by a Charger.
You know, that reminded me...I read somewhere that when people get pulled over in Italy by the new Gallardo they only ask questions about the car, and dont even care about the ticket they are getting.

2007 Honda S2000

hahn

I wonder how many times the LEOs are going to hear "That thing got a Hemi?"

BMWDave

QuoteI wonder how many times the LEOs are going to hear "That thing got a Hemi?"
Probably a lot will here that!  Got to be fun pulling down speeders in a Hemi Powered car!  I'm sure Catman will have a blast!  :(  ;)  :D  

2007 Honda S2000

hahn

I personally will not hold any LEO responsible for any beatings that may occur in response to the aforementioned Hemi statement.

I'm sick of it, and I don't even see the commercials all that much.

MX793

QuoteI personally will not hold any LEO responsible for any beatings that may occur in response to the aforementioned Hemi statement.

I'm sick of it, and I don't even see the commercials all that much.
It's funny, I was getting my hair cut and this guy next to me was telling the person cutting his hair about his new Dodge truck and I kid you not, the words "it's got the Hemi" came out of his mouth.  As irritating as the advertising is, it works.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

280Z Turbo

Maybe they will become accepted if Chrysler has taken care of their past quality issues with this car. We've all heard stories of Chrysler's tranny failures or engines dying at 60k miles. They seemed to have improved in recent years.

The confining rear beltline might actually be appropriate for a police car. :D