Why I think the X6 sucks

Started by the Teuton, June 25, 2008, 06:16:15 PM

ChrisV

Quote from: sportyaccordy on June 26, 2008, 06:55:41 AM
Q: BMW has the 3 series wagon, 5 series wagon, the X3 and the X5. To what end does the X6 serve?

A: To make BMW more money

Ding. And it seems to be doing just that.

I don't hate any vehicle. I don't care that it's on the market, and I don't care that BMW made it. They don't make me angry seeing them on the road. There are simply some vehicles I'd probably never buy. And this is one of them.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

Vinsanity

Quote from: ChrisV on June 26, 2008, 02:53:16 PM
I don't hate any vehicle. I don't care that it's on the market, and I don't care that BMW made it. They don't make me angry seeing them on the road. There are simply some vehicles I'd probably never buy. And this is one of them.

Is that the worst thing you've ever said about a car?

Laconian

The 2010 X5 is getting the TT V8. The X6 won't hold the "amazing engine" trump card for much longer.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

ChrisV

Quote from: Vinsanity on June 26, 2008, 03:21:19 PM
Is that the worst thing you've ever said about a car?

A factory built car, yes, I do believe it is.

redbloodedamerican

Quote from: ChrisV on June 26, 2008, 02:53:16 PM
Ding. And it seems to be doing just that.

I don't hate any vehicle.

Not even the Suzuki X-90?

the Teuton

Quote from: Laconian on June 26, 2008, 04:29:55 PM
The 2010 X5 is getting the TT V8. The X6 won't hold the "amazing engine" trump card for much longer.

Hopefully it will get the suspension tuning, too.  The X5 is too good of an SUV to keep getting the shit treatment it's currently receiving compared to the X6.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

sandertheshark

I'm increasingly indifferent to the X6.  But I'm increasingly desirous of seeing that turbo V8 in a 7-series.

Danish

Quote from: Lebowski on June 25, 2008, 07:52:31 PM
The rest of us figured this out in about 3 seconds.  Except for Cougs, he thinks it's awesome.  When he isn't enjoying really bad movies or going on dates with 3 dudes and a fat chick, or making condescending remarks about what makes him "chuckle", he sometimes fantasizes about owning an X6.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Quote from: Lebowski on December 17, 2008, 05:46:10 PM
No advice can be worse than Coug's, in any thread, ever.

Danish

Quote from: ifcar on June 26, 2008, 06:13:19 AM
You know who should have had an SUV that looked like the X6? Porsche. If the Cayenne had that roofline, it would still be more useful than anything else in the lineup, yet it would be recognizable as a sporty vehicle.

You know shouldn't have had an SUV that looked like the X6? Anyone who already has the same car, but better.

You know, thats a really good point I didn't think of......

Of course, such a Porsche would have to be rear engined to really work
Quote from: Lebowski on December 17, 2008, 05:46:10 PM
No advice can be worse than Coug's, in any thread, ever.

Lebowski

Quote from: the Teuton on July 01, 2008, 04:57:56 PM
Hopefully it will get the suspension tuning, too.  The X5 is too good of an SUV to keep getting the shit treatment it's currently receiving compared to the X6.

It seems like they're unnecessarily handicapping the X5. 

IMHO it's a MUCH better package than the X6, but the X6 has better engine options, and apparently a better suspension and interior.  Why not just put that stuff on the X5?

It's almost like BMW realizes if they put that good stuff on the X5, it would make the X6 even more pointless than it is.

Raza

Quote from: sandertheshark on July 01, 2008, 06:04:16 PM
I'm increasingly indifferent to the X6.  But I'm increasingly desirous of seeing that turbo V8 in a 7-series.

I want to see it in a Z4.  Or a 3 series.  Or a 5 series. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

CALL_911

Quote from: Lebowski on July 01, 2008, 07:50:59 PM
It almost seems like they're unnecessarily handicapping the X5. 

IMHO it's a MUCH better package than the X6, but the X6 has better engine options, and apparently a better suspension and interior.  Why not just put that stuff on the X5?

It's almost like BMW realizes if they put that good stuff on the X5, it would make the X6 even more pointless than it is.

No, it's not "almost like". I'm pretty sure that's exactly why they didn't put it on the X5. :lol:

Quote from: Raza  on July 01, 2008, 09:38:55 PM

If you see it in the 7er, odds are you'll see it in the 5er. Provided this doesn't replace the 760, which it wont.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

ChrisV

Quote from: redbloodedamerican on July 01, 2008, 04:42:09 PM
Not even the Suzuki X-90?

Nope. I don't hate any vehicle. I'd love to build up a modded X90 dune buggy. ;) A lot of people do:

http://www.genie4x4.com/x90_ladybug.htm check out all the modded offroad versions on that page...

Tave

^ I would have so much fun in that it's not even funny.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

hotrodalex

Quote from: Raza  on July 01, 2008, 09:38:55 PM

They should definitely put it in the Z4 M.

sportyaccordy

Quote from: hotrodalex on July 02, 2008, 03:58:32 PM
They should definitely put it in the Z4 M.
I think that is overkill. The next M3 should have an N/A V12.

Raza

Quote from: sportyaccordy on July 03, 2008, 07:29:30 AM
I think that is overkill. The next M3 should have an N/A V12.

The next M3 should have a turbo four.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Vinsanity

Quote from: Raza  on July 03, 2008, 08:03:41 AM

The next M3 might as well run on biodiesel

hotrodalex

The next M3 should give me back massages and drive itself.

redbloodedamerican

Quote from: ChrisV on July 02, 2008, 07:10:29 AM
Nope. I don't hate any vehicle. I'd love to build up a modded X90 dune buggy. ;) A lot of people do:

http://www.genie4x4.com/x90_ladybug.htm check out all the modded offroad versions on that page...

That thing looks like something a gay bounty hunter would drive.

Laconian

Did you read any books for college about gay bounty hunters, RBA?
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

ChrisV

Quote from: redbloodedamerican on July 03, 2008, 08:03:48 PM
That thing looks like something a gay bounty hunter would drive.

No, it looks like something that people who actually know how to enjoy different kinds of vehicles might drive. You know, people who aren't as ignorant as you.

Why do I even respond to RBA?

Tave

It was a joke, Mr Oblivious.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

nickdrinkwater

Saw my first X6 yesterday.  Prefer it to the X5.

sportyaccordy

BimmerM3

Quote from: Tave on July 07, 2008, 08:08:20 AM
It was a joke, Mr Oblivious.

Isn't RBA's existence kind of a joke?

But yeah, I don't get the X6. However, if it's actually selling (is it?), then good for BMW.

Submariner

Quote from: Raza  on July 03, 2008, 08:03:41 AM

I'd go for a straight 6...but I'd love to see turbo 4 power.  Of course, thats about as likely as the M3 losing serous weight, not being sold to 50 year old soccer moms, and not having a mocha chai starbucks edition gracing the lineup.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550