Exclusive Spy Video: 06 Honda Civic

Started by BMWDave, July 22, 2005, 07:49:27 AM

BMWDave

Link with Video

All New 2006 Honda Civic Bares All
By: Phil Lienert

Date Posted 07-07-2005

When the Honda Civic Si concept appeared at this year's Chicago Auto Show, the company indicated that it featured at least 90 percent of what would be seen on the production version of the 2006 Honda Civic coupe.

Our spy shots corroborate Honda's testimony, as the barely disguised 2006 Civic coupe in these photos is nearly identical to the concept displayed in Chicago. The sedan prototypes aren't quite as radical, but they do look a little bigger than the current model.

Honda seems to be making a concerted effort to bring tuners back into the picture with the more angular shape of the 2006 Civic coupe. In addition to its all-new body style, the Civic Si will also feature a brand new 200-horsepower i-VTEC four cylinder which will be mated with a six-speed manual gearbox with limited slip differential.

While ample information exists on the upcoming Si, relatively little is known by contrast about the 2006 Honda Civic sedan. Our spy photos indicate a sedan that's slightly bigger yet only marginally different looking that its predecessor.

Another increasingly important part of the Civic lineup is the hybrid version of the car, of which the second-generation version will be appearing this fall. The 2006 Honda Civic hybrid will be powered by a brand-new 3-stage i-VTEC engine along with Honda's Integrated Motor Assist, which has a 20 percent higher output than the current IMA system. Honda claims the engine in the 2006 Civic hybrid will improve its fuel economy by 5 percent over the current version.

Look for the Civic to go on sale in September of this year.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

ifcar

Is it an Accord or a Civic spy video?

BMWDave

QuoteIs it an Accord or a Civic spy video?
Sorry, I was sleeping when I wrote the title :lol:

I just edited it :)

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

Tom

Any word on pricing?  Overpriced, I imagine.

ifcar

QuoteAny word on pricing?  Overpriced, I imagine.
Honda doesn't usually change their prices significantly after a redesign, so I'd expect the new Civic to be no more overpriced than the current version, and I believe it will have side airbags standard instead of optional.

Speed_Racer

That car has such a steep slope from the tip of its nose to the top of the windshield. It looks sort of like a minivan. Im not feeling it- the hood area should be longer.

the rear is very nice. Of course, these compliments are for the Civic Si coupe. The sedan looks ugly. Why did they copy the Ion's front end design?

BMWDave

QuoteThat car has such a steep slope from the tip of its nose to the top of the windshield. It looks sort of like a minivan. Im not feeling it- the hood area should be longer.

the rear is very nice. Of course, these compliments are for the Civic Si coupe. The sedan looks ugly. Why did they copy the Ion's front end design?
I agree with you about the front end...it does look too short.

2007 Honda S2000