Cars you'd prefer never to drive...

Started by the Teuton, July 01, 2008, 05:23:37 PM

Soup DeVille

Okay, I'm going to take serious exception the posting of the festiva.

I not only drove one, but I raced one, dammit; and it was as fun as any car that takes 12 seconds to get to 60 MPH could be.

Not only that, but I'm neither cool enough nor jaded enough to be too good for any car. Granted, there are quite a few that I wouldn't choose to make a daily driver out of, but that's a long way from being too god to sit behind the wheel for a little while.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

68_427

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

the Teuton

Quote from: 68_427 on July 02, 2008, 08:13:42 PM
oh hell id rock that

For a while, I was thinking about getting a Pussy Wagon keychain.  I guess I'd rock it, too.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Soup DeVille

Quote from: the Teuton on July 02, 2008, 08:35:01 PM
For a while, I was thinking about getting a Pussy Wagon keychain.  I guess I'd rock it, too.

Is that Buck's truck from Kill Bill?
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Eye of the Tiger

Oh, I remember now how much I hated the 2008 Jeep Liberty rental I drove. What an absolute piece of garbage that was for a new model. Never again.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

the Teuton

Quote from: Soup DeVille on July 02, 2008, 08:36:11 PM
Is that Buck's truck from Kill Bill?

His name is Buck, and he came here to...why, yes, yes it is.

Quentin Tarantino actually owns that truck.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Soup DeVille

Quote from: the Teuton on July 02, 2008, 09:13:54 PM
His name is Buck, and he came here to...why, yes, yes it is.

Quentin Tarantino actually owns that truck.

In one of the more impressive bits of editted-for-TV editing I've seen, when Kill Bill was shown on basic cable, both the keychain and the tailgate were re-made as saying "Party Wagon."

the Teuton

Quote from: Soup DeVille on July 02, 2008, 09:16:07 PM
In one of the more impressive bits of editted-for-TV editing I've seen, when Kill Bill was shown on basic cable, both the keychain and the tailgate were re-made as saying "Party Wagon."

Making that movie ready for basic is impressive in and of itself.

omicron

Quote from: Soup DeVille on July 02, 2008, 09:16:07 PM

Blood spurting from gaping sword wounds, knives flying hither and yon, and they go to the trouble of renaming the Pussy Wagon?

Middle_Path

Oh hell yeah, I'd drive the Pussy Wagon with pride. I however would never want to drive a Hummer H2 or the fucking newer generation SLK. H2's just plain suck dick, and in the SLK I always smash my arm into the center piece between the two seats. I swear almost every single time, *SMASH* "Oww....MOTHERF**KIN....DAMNIT!"  Stupid ass design, thanks mercedes.
You see what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps?!!

Soup DeVille

Quote from: omicron on July 02, 2008, 10:59:19 PM
Blood spurting from gaping sword wounds, knives flying hither and yon, and they go to the trouble of renaming the Pussy Wagon?

You have to understand. It's America. We can have spurting blood and gaping wounds.

But children would grow up to be morally depraved miscreants if they were allowed to see a boob before they turn 17.

sportyaccordy

I can think of a few cars that make riding my bike a viable and more enjoyable alternative...

The car I own being one of them :(

Truthfully, I will drive ANYTHING from Asia that can be significantly lowered, and is available with a stickshift and sunroof, that is bigger or equal in size to a mid 90s Civic and smaller than a late 90s Accord...

Tave

Quote from: Soup DeVille on July 02, 2008, 03:27:14 PM
Okay, I'm going to take serious exception the posting of the festiva.

I not only drove one, but I raced one, dammit; and it was as fun as any car that takes 12 seconds to get to 60 MPH could be.

Not only that, but I'm neither cool enough nor jaded enough to be too good for any car. Granted, there are quite a few that I wouldn't choose to make a daily driver out of, but that's a long way from being too god to sit behind the wheel for a little while.

My friend had one throughout high school and it was a sweet little ride. Snow didn't faze it; it was like a big 4-wheeler in the winter.

The only downside was 4 reasonably fit men can pick it up and walk off with it. :lol:
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

ChrisV

Besides festivas have a ton of potential. The Capri/Mazda B6T turbo fit in them nicely:

http://www.fordfestiva.com/gallery/image14.htm
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

omicron

I would also like to add my vote to the 'Yes, I'd Drive A Festiva' petition.

CALL_911

Quote from: omicron on July 03, 2008, 08:43:10 AM
I would also like to add my vote to the 'Yes, I'd Drive A Festiva' petition.

+1

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Vinsanity

Quote from: Middle_Path on July 02, 2008, 11:11:17 PM
Oh hell yeah, I'd drive the Pussy Wagon with pride. I however would never want to drive a Hummer H2 or the fucking newer generation SLK. H2's just plain suck dick, and in the SLK I always smash my arm into the center piece between the two seats. I swear almost every single time, *SMASH* "Oww....MOTHERF**KIN....DAMNIT!"  Stupid ass design, thanks mercedes.

I would drive an H2...

...so I can thrash it around in a canyon and drive it off a cliff when I get bored of it :devil:

Byteme

Quote from: Vinsanity on July 03, 2008, 10:10:05 AM
I would drive an H2...

...so I can thrash it around in a canyon and drive it off a cliff when I get bored of it :devil:

You might want to consider letting it roll off the cliff on its own or pushing it off instead of you driving it off of the cliff. Driving it off of the cliff is bound to hurt.    :devil:

Vinsanity

Quote from: Byteme on July 03, 2008, 10:33:46 AM
You might want to consider letting it roll off the cliff on its own or pushing it off instead of you driving it off of the cliff. Driving it off of the cliff is bound to hurt.    :devil:

Point taken :praise: It would be a lot more fun to watch from the outside, too

sandertheshark

Quote from: Soup DeVille on July 03, 2008, 12:00:47 AM
You have to understand. It's America. We can have spurting blood and gaping wounds.

But children would grow up to be morally depraved miscreants if they were allowed to see a boob before they turn 17.

I know I did.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Tave on July 03, 2008, 08:22:29 AM
My friend had one throughout high school and it was a sweet little ride. Snow didn't faze it; it was like a big 4-wheeler in the winter.

The only downside was 4 reasonably fit men can pick it up and walk off with it. :lol:

I fail to understand how that's a downside...

Tave

Quote from: Soup DeVille on July 03, 2008, 05:27:17 PM
I fail to understand how that's a downside...

Well, when you go to get in your car and it's sitting on hay bales...
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

sportyaccordy

Quote from: Byteme on July 03, 2008, 10:33:46 AM
Plus with gas prices being what they are, it's better to save the $$$$ and let gravity take it where you would drive it anyways.

Somewhere, most likely in the back of a stretch Escalade ESV, Al Gore is finding sexual pleaure in the pain being felt by H2 owners at this present moment in time.

Vinsanity

Quote from: sportyaccordy on July 04, 2008, 08:35:42 AM
Plus with gas prices being what they are, it's better to save the $$$$ and let gravity take it where you would drive it anyways.

Somewhere, most likely in the back of a stretch Escalade ESV, Al Gore is finding sexual pleaure in the pain being felt by H2 owners at this present moment in time.

I have to admit, I have the urge to laugh tauntingly whenever I see one at a gas pump :devil:

Onslaught

I just thought of a car that I would never drive. The last T-Bird they made. The most uncomfortable car I've ever been in ever. Everything is just made wrong for someone my hight and I actually hurt when I get in and out of one. I won't even drive them around work now to fix one. I make others do it for me because I hate them so much. Fortunately they didn't make them very long and they don't come in much anymore.

I'd rather walk then drive that thing.

nickdrinkwater

The Festiva was sold as a Kia here.  Yes, I'd like to Pimp My Pride if I had one :praise: 

rohan

Quote from: the Teuton on July 01, 2008, 05:23:37 PM

Badass, yes.  I still wouldn't be caught dead driving one.

What's wrong with it?
http://outdooradventuresrevived.blogspot.com/

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle

the Teuton

Soup DeVille

Quote from: the Teuton on July 05, 2008, 05:16:36 PM
It's the size of a school bus.

I've driven school busses. They're much larger.

rohan

http://outdooradventuresrevived.blogspot.com/

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle