Cars you'd prefer never to drive...

Started by the Teuton, July 01, 2008, 05:23:37 PM

the Teuton

Badass, yes.  I still wouldn't be caught dead driving one.

2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Tave

While there are many cars I would never buy, I would drive anything and everything under the sun. Fuck it. A car is not only a toy, it's also a convenience item. I'm not too proud or spoiled to refuse a car.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

the Teuton

Do you want to drive that pink Beetle cabrio then?
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Tave

I'm not looking at it and thinking, "boy I hope I own one of those someday," but I wouldn't refuse to climb in it and drive if that's what needed to be done.

Is the pink paint going to hurt me or something?

Fuck it man, I'd drive around on a pink moped with handle bar streamers if that was my option. :huh:
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Tave

Any car is cooler than no car at all, at least in my book.

Are you telling me that you'd rather walk 10 miles than drive that Beetle?

the Teuton

Quote from: Tave on July 01, 2008, 05:36:22 PM
I'm not looking at it and thinking, "boy I hope I own one of those someday," but I wouldn't refuse to climb in it and drive if that's what needed to be done.

Is the pink paint going to hurt me or something?

Fuck it man, I'd drive around on a pink moped with handle bar streamers if that was my option. :huh:

Should I retitle this thread?  I'm thinking I should.

sandertheshark

I wouldn't be found shot dead in Toyota Pious.  Apart from that, I'd be willing to suffer any indignity so long as I could move faster than a cyclist.

The list of cars I'd actually prefer not to drive given an option is nearly endless.

2o6

Are you serious? I cannot picture a REAL person getting inside a car and pitching a fit, or crying because it's Supposadly "Bad".........I don't think I'd RATHER not drive anything. Then again, I haven't driven anything so I'm not picky.

Eye of the Tiger

A Prius, my dad's Sienna, and anything else with equivalent Toyota-ness. But, I'll drive almost anything and find something to like about it.
Teuton, Festivas are freaking awesome. Take that off of your list immediately.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

the Teuton

Quote from: NACar on July 01, 2008, 07:03:26 PM
A Prius, my dad's Sienna, and anything else with equivalent Toyota-ness. But, I'll drive almost anything and find something to like about it.
Teuton, Festivas are freaking awesome. Take that off of your list immediately.

What makes them so cool other than the SHOgun?

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: the Teuton on July 01, 2008, 07:06:58 PM
What makes them so cool other than the SHOgun?

They can be pretty kickass little cars with some work.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/707040

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2930214

But I'd still drive a stock one.

CJ

Eye of the Tiger

Onslaught

I'd list some cars but I'd probably insult some people on here.

2o6

Ferrari Enzo.

Yuck.

Mclaren F1.

Even worse.

:lol:

Raza

I don't know.  I've driven a lot of cars that were no good, but before I drove them, it was just speculation.  I was even a passenger in a Beetle convertible once, for a short time. 

I don't really care.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Laconian

I would hate to drive an Ford Econoline or a Chevrolet Express. Horrible to drive, no big truck novelty, and lots of rapist stigma.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

ChrisV

I've driven so many different kinds of cars, from nice stuff to serious roaches. I mean, I drove this for a day:

multiple shades of siver and primer, doors cut down, removable roof, tore up weathered interior...

And that pink Beetle convertible? Drop the top and cruise for chicks. ;) They LOVE non-threatening cute cars. That's why I painted a few of my air cooled Bugs pink or lavender:

Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

Byteme

I can't think of any car I wouldn't want to drive at least once.

I can, however, think of many that I wouldn't want to own and maintain.

Tave

Quote from: Laconian on July 02, 2008, 12:36:32 AM
I would hate to drive an Ford Econoline or a Chevrolet Express.

You'd be missing out on some great times.

93JC

There are lots I wouldn't buy, but none I would absolutely refuse to drive.

I'd like to drive everything at least once, including every beater POS ever made (think Yugos, Ladas, Chinese shit). Just once, to see how 'bad' it is.

NomisR

Quote from: Tave on July 02, 2008, 08:41:00 AM

I don't know if I'd be into the "great times" you're talking about.. :lol:

Tave

Quote from: NomisR on July 02, 2008, 10:02:02 AM
I don't know if I'd be into the "great times" you're talking about.. :lol:

Do you realize how many people you can fit in one of those? It's a moving party! :rastaman:

No offense Teuton, but this might be the worst Head to Head ever.

"What car would you prefer to not drive?"

Uhhhhhmmmmm........WHAT?

What is the point in confirming a negative? I'd prefer never to break my arm. I'd like to not go to jail. I'd love to not fall off the Empire State Building. I'd be thrilled if I never got bit by a shark. It'd make my day if I didn't sleep with a fat chick. It'd be tops if I didn't eat poisoned food. I could rest easy if I didn't go blind...

SVT666

There's two:  Toyota Yaris and a Dodge Caliber.  I got pulled over for speeding in a Yaris 3 weeks ago and I got out of the ticket because when the cop asked me why I was speeding, I said "I hate this car.  I fucking hate it, and I can't wait to get out of it.  I hate it.  I hate it.  I hate it."

After he checked my license on his laptop he came back to me still chuckling and said, "Slow down, and have a safe day."

NomisR

Quote from: HEMI666 on July 02, 2008, 11:31:50 AM
There's two:  Toyota Yaris and a Dodge Caliber.  I got pulled over for speeding in a Yaris 3 weeks ago and I got out of the ticket because when the cop asked me why I was speeding, I said "I hate this car.  I fucking hate it, and I can't wait to get out of it.  I hate it.  I hate it.  I hate it."

After he checked my license on his laptop he came back to me still chuckling and said, "Slow down, and have a safe day."

:lol:

ChrisV

Quote from: HEMI666 on July 02, 2008, 11:31:50 AM

lol! I love it!

I think you guys really need to drive a car like the Datsun I posted above to get some perspective on even the worst newer cars. ;) After cars like that, noting is hateable. ;)
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

The Pirate

Quote from: Tave on July 02, 2008, 08:41:00 AM

+1

I worked for a contractor who used Ford Econolines.  His flagship vehicle was a 1 ton 15 passenger Club Wagon.  It was white with tinted windows all around, and rode on 16" chrome wheels (Cragar style) on 31" tires.  Had the 6.8L V10 as well.  That was a fun van!
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

SVT666

Quote from: ChrisV on July 02, 2008, 12:30:43 PM
lol! I love it!

I think you guys really need to drive a car like the Datsun I posted above to get some perspective on even the worst newer cars. ;) After cars like that, noting is hateable. ;)
I've driven some truly bad cars, but I haven't hated anything as much as the Caliber and Yaris.  None of those bad cars actually invoked hatred from me.