***BMW 7-Series Coupe*** (Wimmer Photoshop)

Started by cawimmer430, July 02, 2008, 06:52:23 AM

cawimmer430

So what do you guys think? You're looking at the tuned Alpina version!  :praise:

High Resolution Version

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

ChrisV

Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

Submariner

2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

CALL_911

Pretty cool, but it looks a bit out of proportion. The window on the C-pillar (don't know what it's called) needs to be elongated, as does the rear of the car. As of now, it kinda resembles a 1er coupe. Not a bad thing, but this is a 7er.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

ChrisV

Quote from: Submariner on July 02, 2008, 07:13:58 AM
Chris do you have a link to the XJ coupe?

This one?

And the Portfolio edition:

Submariner

Tave

Nice chop, but it seems kind of superfluous since BMW already has the 6-series. :huh:
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

ChrisV

Quote from: Tave on July 02, 2008, 08:52:27 AM
Nice chop, but it seems kind of superfluous since BMW already has the 6-series. :huh:

There's a difference between a GT coupe and a personal luxury coupe. I mean, Jaguar did it with the XJ6C/XJ12C when they also had the XJS... I'd suspect the 7 series coupe chopped would have more interior room than the 6 series.

Tave

Quote from: ChrisV on July 02, 2008, 09:01:01 AM
There's a difference between a GT coupe and a personal luxury coupe.

I know, and the 3-series coupe is the GT, the 6-series is the personal luxury :huh:

QuoteI mean, Jaguar did it with the XJ6C/XJ12C when they also had the XJS... I'd suspect the 7 series coupe chopped would have more interior room than the 6 series.

BMW already has 3 coupes, and the 6-series has the same base MSRP as the 7-Series. I don't think another coupe above that is a very smart business strategy, unless they were to ax the 6.

Edit: I forgot about the 1-series. Make that 4 coupes.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Submariner

Quote from: ChrisV on July 02, 2008, 09:01:01 AM
There's a difference between a GT coupe and a personal luxury coupe. I mean, Jaguar did it with the XJ6C/XJ12C when they also had the XJS... I'd suspect the 7 series coupe chopped would have more interior room than the 6 series.

Similarly so with the SL, CL, and CLK classes.

Tave

BMW isn't Mercedes, and they have different offerings across the board. In any event, the 3-series probably competes best against the CLK, while the 6-series goes toe-to-toe with the SL and CL (although I doubt it's eating away at the CL, but maybe).

The SL is also convertible-only, so it's not quite a direct comparision. Apples to oranges.

CALL_911

Quote from: Tave on July 02, 2008, 09:10:54 AM
BMW already has 3 coupes, and the 6-series has the same base MSRP as the 7-Series. I don't think another coupe above that is a very smart business strategy, unless they were to ax the 6.

Edit: I forgot about the 1-series. Make that 4 coupes.

Don't forget about the X6. :lol:

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

ChrisV

Quote from: Tave on July 02, 2008, 09:10:54 AM
I know, and the 3-series coupe is the GT, the 6-series is the personal luxury :huh:

No, it isn't. The 6 series is not a full size luxury car. the 6 series is a GT, just like the Astons and other cars of that stripe. There IS a differnce between a full size luxury coupe and a car like the 6 series. A BIG difference.

QuoteBMW already has 3 coupes, and the 6-series has the same base MSRP as the 7-Series. I don't think another coupe above that is a very smart business strategy, unless they were to ax the 6.

Think about how many coupes Ferrari has. Then think about Bentley coupes over the years. Think about the combo I mentioned before, the Jag XJ12C and the XJS. Same engines, but different cars entirely:

Different cars for different clientele. I'd rather have the XJ12 coupe over the XJS.

The 3 series is, like the 1 series, essentially an entry level coupe for the company. The 6 series is a performance GT, and a 7 series coupe could be a full size luxury car.

Much like the 3 series, 5 series and 7 series split up the SEDAN market for BMW (and the 1 series hatch in Europe).

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

cawimmer430

Thanks.  :cheers:

Here's another one!

High Resolution Version

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

Raza

If I may make a suggestion, the glass aft of the rear door looks a little too long.  Maybe you should lengthen the door and window a bit.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Tave

sportyaccordy

I think a new 8 series would do well. Can you imagine an M8???? 7 series luxury with the 2008 version of the McLaren F1 V12???? Who wouldn't buy that if they could?

hotrodalex

Quote from: Raza  on July 03, 2008, 08:06:12 AM
If I may make a suggestion, the glass aft of the rear door looks a little too long.  Maybe you should lengthen the door and window a bit.

He could fatten up the C pillar a bit too. Right now it looks a bit too skinny and doesn't have enough kink. That would help with both the look of the rear end and window size.

Also, is it just a 2 seater? Because I don't see any rear seats.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Raza  on July 03, 2008, 08:06:12 AM

Might try that sometime on this PS.  :cheers:  :ohyeah:

Quote from: hotrodalex on July 03, 2008, 06:34:39 PM
Also, is it just a 2 seater? Because I don't see any rear seats.

That was my intention. A pure two-seater with lots of luggage space (or a place where the Bimma' driva' can take his gal.  :ohyeah:

www.wimmerfotografie.de