Auto Shortage Strikes Ford Europe

Started by BMWDave, May 10, 2005, 05:27:20 PM

BMWDave

Link

Huge demand for Ford's CVT gearbox in the US means it is currently unavailable in Europe - hitting buyers of the new Focus and C-MAX people carrier. UK dealers have even taken the transmission off the options list.

"We expect new supplies at the end of the year, but we're not taking orders until we can definitely deliver cars," said a Ford spokeswoman. The problem is being blamed on the popularity of the 500 family car and Freestyle SUV in America.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

ifcar

IIRC, the CVT has been removed as standard equipment on the Five Hundred SE FWD as well. I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes AWD-only before long if demand remains this high worldwide.  

BMWDave

QuoteIIRC, the CVT has been removed as standard equipment on the Five Hundred SE FWD as well. I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes AWD-only before long if demand remains this high worldwide.
I didnt know it was doing this well.

2007 Honda S2000

Colonel Cadillac

That is good new for Ford, bad news for consumers. Ford will have to up the production which means they can make more money!

BMWDave

QuoteThat is good new for Ford, bad news for consumers. Ford will have to up the production which means they can make more money!
The harder it is to obtain a vehicle, the more its popularity goes up (usually).  This is great news for Ford.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

QuoteIIRC, the CVT has been removed as standard equipment on the Five Hundred SE FWD as well. I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes AWD-only before long if demand remains this high worldwide.
The CVT-equipped Five Hundred AWD is making up a greater percentage of the total sales of the Five Hundred line, total sales aren't above expectations.

BMWDave

The CVT-equipped Five Hundred AWD is making up a greater percentage of the total sales of the Five Hundred line, total sales aren't above expectations.
I see.  But its good to see that Ford is putting out cars that arent complete losers anymore. (a la the Taurus).

2007 Honda S2000