Pics: 06 Civic hatchback

Started by ifcar, July 24, 2005, 04:32:39 PM

bobwill

Personally, I rather like it.  I somewhat doubt that they'll bring it here, hatchbacks are already a fringe market.

I don't care for the instrument cluster, but that's about it.

ifcar

I've heard some sources say that we are getting a hatchback model, but we won't know for sure for another month or two.  

Raghavan

I don't like the mercury villager-ish front and back where the headlights and taillights are connected...

Colonel Cadillac

I hope it comes to America so that people see it and go back to the Chevy dealership and buy a Cobalt :D  

BMWDave

Humpty dumpty on wheels...ugh..

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

crv16

Are these production or concept pics?
09 Honda Accord EX-L V6
09 Subaru Forester X Premium 5 speed

ifcar

Not sure, I found them posted on C/D. But with a complete and realistic-looking interior, I'm inclined to believe that it's production.

BMWDave

QuoteNot sure, I found them posted on C/D. But with a complete and realistic-looking interior, I'm inclined to believe that it's production.
Absolutely disgusting car...it is an abomination compared to the Civic hatchbacks of the 90s.  Those at least were nice looking.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

Auto-Motor-Und-Sport put this car on the same page as other known production models, so it's almost certainly not a concept for Europe.  

crv16

QuoteNot sure, I found them posted on C/D. But with a complete and realistic-looking interior, I'm inclined to believe that it's production.
I think you're right.  If you saw the edmunds civic video, and paused at the right spot, you saw some interior shots of the civic coupe.  That unique steering wheel design showed up there too.

If this interior design shows up here, it is definately one of the most daring interiors Honda has ever produced.
09 Honda Accord EX-L V6
09 Subaru Forester X Premium 5 speed

bobwill

I think you're right.  If you saw the edmunds civic video, and paused at the right spot, you saw some interior shots of the civic coupe.  That unique steering wheel design showed up there too.

If this interior design shows up here, it is definately one of the most daring interiors Honda has ever produced.
If it's in a Honda, it's unique, if it's in a Saturn, it's ugly. :D

ifcar

That's a Cadillac steering wheel in a Saturn, not a Saturn steering wheel. And it certainly looks better than the Honda wheel.

BTW, according to Wizard at C/D, this is officially a 99%-there concept. Hopefully the steering wheel and the grille represent that last 1%.

bobwill

Actually, I might prefer the honda steering wheel.  The center section's a bit more slender, makes it look a little sleeker.  Also, I assume that's cruise control switch gear on both wheels.  Seems like up at the 2-3 o'clock position makes more sense than 6.

bobwill

QuoteHopefully the steering wheel and the grille represent that last 1%.
I doubt that those triangular exhaust tips will be in the 99% that goes into production.

TBR

Both the interior and the exterior are hideous, not that is all that surprising considering the cars Honda has been coming out with lately (CR-V, Element, and Accord come to mind).

BMWDave

QuoteBoth the interior and the exterior are hideous, not that is all that surprising considering the cars Honda has been coming out with lately (CR-V, Element, and Accord come to mind).
The interior of the Accord is rather nicely done and has great quality materials...the interior of the Element is at least very practical, and I dont like the CR-V at all, inside or out.

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

I was refering more to exterior styling, though the CR-V's interior is horrible also. What is the deal with that shifter? Either make it a column shifter or a console shifter, don't try to make it both!

Secret Chimp

I like the side profile a lot; what ruins it for me is that dirty-diaper rear end. They should have shoved in the bumper some or pulled out the hatch to make the whole thing more upright, or at least more angularly even. Otherwise it looks pretty good to me.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Raghavan

i like the steering wheel though.

mazda6er

Honda doesn't have the balls to produce this.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer