Blown Headgasket

Started by Raza , August 02, 2008, 10:29:51 AM

Raza

Hey, we towed the S320 to a Mercedes shop, and they say it's a headgasket issue.  My dad thinks it's a blown headgasket.  The MB techs say that it shouldn't be repaired, but my dad is very attached to this car, it seems.  Do you guys know of anything I can do?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

GoCougs

"Shouldn't" as in it's too expensive given the car's value, or "shouldn't" as in the car is okay without it, or???

S204STi

So based on the previous thread you had open about this issue, the vehicle overheated and was run without oil for at least a short time, if not longer.  The tech may have issues with the possibilities of a warped head, which means you would have to tear it down and have it machined to match the deck, and the chance that there is some other ticking time bomb thanks to the loss of engine oil.

I have to agree wit the guy, on a 12 year old car like that it might be best to just replace the long block if you want to keep it around.

Danish

Quote from: Lebowski on December 17, 2008, 05:46:10 PM
No advice can be worse than Coug's, in any thread, ever.

AutobahnSHO

Find another (used?) motor...
Will