July Auto Sales in Canada... interesting...

Started by Payman, August 03, 2008, 06:33:18 AM

Payman

Sorry for the small print. Amazing to see Hyundai, with it's limited model range, sell more models than Ford.  :confused:

ifcar

Hyundai has as many car models as Ford does. I find Chrysler outselling Ford more surprising.

Payman

Quote from: ifcar on August 03, 2008, 06:46:34 AM
Hyundai has as many car models as Ford does. I find Chrysler outselling Ford more surprising.

True. Chrysler has slashed their prices way more than Ford has this summer. You can get a Caliber in some areas for $13K, while Focusses (Focii?) are $3 to 4K more. The Charger and 300 V6's can be had for Fusion prices, and people see them as more substantial vehicles. The Avenger is doing well also, and is currently priced at the Focus level. Haven't seen too many Sebrings. I guess we find them as ugly as you guys do.

As for Hyundai, they've been selling the Accent for $9995 since the spring.

280Z Turbo

Atomic

Quote from: Payman on August 03, 2008, 08:14:02 AM
True. Chrysler has slashed their prices way more than Ford has this summer. You can get a Caliber in some areas for $13K, while Focusses (Focii?) are $3 to 4K more. The Charger and 300 V6's can be had for Fusion prices, and people see them as more substantial vehicles. The Avenger is doing well also, and is currently priced at the Focus level. Haven't seen too many Sebrings. I guess we find them as ugly as you guys do.

As for Hyundai, they've been selling the Accent for $9995 since the spring.

i did not find this to be true while in canada at a friend's camp recently. fmc was giving vehicles away - far better deals at ford/lincoln-mercury dealerships than with any other dealerships, including chrysler. quite a few people here in nys travel to canada to purchase their new fords. i personally know some from my region who religiously buy their ford trucks from a guy in ontario.

i was stunned to see scores of chrysler town & country minivans nearly everywhere and only expensive suv and crossovers from the likes of bmw and mercedes-benz. i know many faithful chrysler buyers of large 300/charger/magnum models there, as most, if not all lx vehicles are built in north america. canadians have pride and also know who butters their bread. i respect that!

i love canada by the way. i will be back for a couple of weeks this month and next.

93JC

Quote from: Atomic on August 04, 2008, 07:34:05 PM
i personally know some from my region who religiously buy their ford trucks from a guy in ontario.

:nutty: