yeah, speed camers work perfectly...

Started by ChrisV, August 04, 2008, 12:59:02 PM

ChrisV

Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

NomisR

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

sparkplug

Getting stoned, one stone at a time.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: sparkplug on August 05, 2008, 09:48:11 PM
It's a work in progress.

A high standard of reliability and repeatability is required if a camera is to be deemed good enough to provide evidence in a court of law.

But, it is South Africa we're talking about here...
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Tave

The problem lies not with the camera itself but the department personel who reviewed the ticket.

Now I hate speed cameras and hope they all burn in hell, but the machinery did what it was programmed to do. It's reliability (at least with regards to this incident) remains unblemished.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

NomisR

Quote from: Tave on August 06, 2008, 04:29:53 PM
The problem lies not with the camera itself but the department personel who reviewed the ticket.

Now I hate speed cameras and hope they all burn in hell, but the machinery did what it was programmed to do. It's reliability (at least with regards to this incident) remains unblemished.

Even the VW Gol going Mach 4?

Tave

Quote from: NomisR on August 06, 2008, 05:14:07 PM
Even the VW Gol going Mach 4?

Well no, that's a error on the part of both operator and machine.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

dsred

Actually no the VW was only going Mach 3.8 and that's within the equipment's margin of error...