Video of Vette ZR1 around a track

Started by SVT_Power, August 05, 2008, 08:50:32 PM

SVT_Power

This is from C&D's forum

This video was uploaded to VetteTube a short while ago. 0-60 Wheelman/Writer Thomas Lyman takes the new 2009 Corvette ZR1 for a hot lap around GM's Milford Proving Ground.

Turn up the volume on this one!

http://vettetube.com/view_video.php?...b5b41016357176
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Catman

FlatBlackCaddy

OK Video, watched about half of it. I would have liked some/more(if it was later in the video) in car footage.

The exhaust sounds good, but man. Outside of a ferrarit V8 nothing beats the V8 Vantage. If i had 90 large i'd probably get a V8 Vantage over this(and many others) just for that exhaust sound, it's perfection. Too bad i would have to live with 350Z acceleration for that much cash but maybe a supercharger would fix that.

Nethead

Dodge Viper ACR sets unofficial N?rburgring lap record
August28

The Dodge Viper may be one of the crudest vehicles on the road today ? without even the availability of any electronic nannies ? but there is no denying its incredible performance. The ACR version of the Viper steps up the snake?s performance even more, but is it enough to dethrone the might Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 as the King of the Ring?

According to Motor Trend, the ACR?s extra bite has more than enough on tap to handle the likes of the ZR1 and Nissan?s GT-R. In an unofficial video, the Dodge Viper ACR took out Germany?s famed N?rburgring in just 7 minutes 22 seconds ? a full 4 seconds ahead of the uber ?Vette.

While the ACR?s time remains unofficial at this time, the video is more than enough proof to have the folks over at General Motors worried about their record-setting time.

So many stairs...so little time...