First car wash; Do I need to do anything special?

Started by Raza , August 06, 2008, 05:56:34 PM

CJ

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on August 20, 2008, 12:54:46 PM
I wash my cars in the sun, don't have a choice.

The soap isn't on there for more than a minute though(i move fast).

Anyway i personally try to minimize any contact with my car. I do NOT use a wash mit or anything to dry it. Normally i'll rinse with a pressure washer, then apply high pressure soap through the pressure washer then rinse again pressure washer. I then let the car air dry, YES i do recieve water spots from this. However the reason i do this is because after it is washed and air dried(there has been no contact with the car, so NO scratches as all). I park the car in the shade or garage and then after it has cooled down i use a good detailer(wizards Mist N Shine lately) and a CLEAN UNUSED microfiber towel and wipe down the whole car. This removes all water spots and gives the car a "just waxed" shine.

That's another way of doing it, and one that is safe.

And yes, VW paint scratches incredibly easy, but the paint is very hard and not willing to correct well. 

Raza

Quote from: r0tor on August 20, 2008, 01:04:30 PM
your experience has been marginally better then my mr clean experience... i was left with some kind of sticky waxy build-up from the soap

I used it once before, and it worked very well.  I'm surprised at this result.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.