2006 Lexus GS 430

Started by BMWDave, July 25, 2005, 06:08:46 AM

ifcar

The Canadian model does look more like the GMs than the US model, because there are so many numbers and increment dashes crammed into a small space. And I take it you still haven't found anything else similar, have you?

cozmik

QuoteThe Canadian model does look more like the GMs than the US model, because there are so many numbers and increment dashes crammed into a small space. And I take it you still haven't found anything else similar, have you?
I have found things similar, and as I said, I am not wasting any more time looking for images for you. Both the Volvo and Acura have similar gauges, more so that the GM gauges IMO, the font is closer and both increase in 20 MPH increments, just like the Lexus. And even the canadian model goes up by 20s anyways. Now I ask again, besides the marking inbetween the 5 MPH markers, which there is only 1 for the Lexus and either 4 or 5 for the GMs, and the font, which if you look closely at, you will see is quite different, makes these gauges so similar?

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

ifcar

QuoteThe Canadian model does look more like the GMs than the US model, because there are so many numbers and increment dashes crammed into a small space. And I take it you still haven't found anything else similar, have you?
I have found things similar, and as I said, I am not wasting any more time looking for images for you. Both the Volvo and Acura have similar gauges, more so that the GM gauges IMO, the font is closer and both increase in 20 MPH increments, just like the Lexus. And even the canadian model goes up by 20s anyways. Now I ask again, besides the marking inbetween the 5 MPH markers, which there is only 1 for the Lexus and either 4 or 5 for the GMs, and the font, which if you look closely at, you will see is quite different, makes these gauges so similar?
1. Many increments. You haven't matched any other cars with that.
2. Font. It's not identical, but still similar.
3. Color scheme. At least in the poor image, both are white-on-gray.
4. Lack of a ring around them.

cozmik

Yes many increments. But The Lexus goes up in 20 MPH increments, the GM goes up in 10. And the Lexus still have 1/4 the increments of the GM.

I have already provided other examples of the font which are more similar than the GM.

The Lexus gauges are EL gauges, so the color is totally different in person, they look different in the picture I provided as well.

Lack of a ring? Dude are you serious? The Lexus is completely different in that aspect. The gauges are integrated into seperate "portals." The 3 gauge clusters are in completely seperate sections.

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

ifcar

Yes many increments. But The Lexus goes up in 20 MPH increments, the GM goes up in 10. And the Lexus still have 1/4 the increments of the GM.

I have already provided other examples of the font which are more similar than the GM.

The Lexus gauges are EL gauges, so the color is totally different in person, they look different in the picture I provided as well.

Lack of a ring? Dude are you serious? The Lexus is completely different in that aspect. The gauges are integrated into seperate "portals." The 3 gauge clusters are in completely seperate sections.
You can't tell me what I am seeing. When I first saw those gauges, they instantly struck me as looking like the older GM-issue. Of course they aren't identical, but they're still too similar for my tastes.  

cozmik

You can't tell me what I am seeing. When I first saw those gauges, they instantly struck me as looking like the older GM-issue. Of course they aren't identical, but they're still too similar for my tastes.
Dude, I have already said that this was opinion. I know I didn?t say your were wrong. What I said was I didn't agree. Lord. I supported my argument for what I saw. All you could do was try to tell me to find something more similar. I humored you and I did from my view, as I said. Now grow up a little and stop conveniently ignoring the parts of what people say that you don't want to see.  

Raghavan

The Lexuses is ok, but the one that Dave posted takes the cake. :praise: Those things look beautiful!

BMWDave

QuoteThe Lexuses is ok, but the one that Dave posted takes the cake. :praise: Those things look beautiful!
Theyre from an Aston Martin DB9 B)  

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

ifcar

Dude, I have already said that this was opinion. I know I didn?t say your were wrong. What I said was I didn't agree. Lord. I supported my argument for what I saw. All you could do was try to tell me to find something more similar. I humored you and I did from my view, as I said. Now grow up a little and stop conveniently ignoring the parts of what people say that you don't want to see.
You didn't find anything close. Nothing you posted had intervels closer than five mph, nothing you posted had the same background or text color. The only thing you came close to matching was the font, while I listed four aspects the gauges were similar.

"Yes it is" "No it isn't" is not discussion anyway, so I was trying to stop it there.

JYODER240

Back to talking about the GS430, not gauges, after driving it, it feels very smooth, quick, handles well, but still feels like an appliance, it's just to isolated from the road. My mom's car (05 STS) is just as quick and a lot more fun to drive, although the interior isn't quiet as nice and is slightly less refined. I also like the Art & Science styling better than the L-Finesse IMO.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

TBR

To change the topic back to gauges (;)), these are my favorites:

Colonel Cadillac

I have to say that the standerd Audi guage cluster is the best because of its simplicity and legibility.  

thewizard16

QuoteThere are midsize sedans with more-attractive gauges than that. There are even economy cars with nicer gauges than that.'

^Pretty nice, eh? Clean, yet attractive, from a rather unlikely source of clean, yet attractive. It's too easy for a GTCC, but I'll give you three guesses here wtihout checking the URL.
I haven't read the rest of this thread, so I apologize if it's been pointed out, but those gauges are rather unique. They adapt to the angle that the light hits them during the daytime for maximum visibility, varying their percentage of transparency. The whole interior looks much  better in person than in the pictures, and I thought the gauges looked rather interesting, with a almost metalish look when they're opaque, and an odd plasti-metal look when they're partially transparent. (As in the picture)
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

JYODER240

QuoteTo change the topic back to gauges (;)), these are my favorites:
Just couldn't help yourself could you? :)  
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*