Bentley Continental GT Convertible Spy Shots!!

Started by BMWDave, July 25, 2005, 08:30:33 AM

BMWDave

Here for the first time are prototype shots showing the open-air version of Bentley's top-seller, the Continental GT Coupe. It was caught during hot-weather testing in California.

The British luxury carmaker Bentley - owned by Volkswagen since 1998 - has been very successful in particular with the GT Coupe. The factory in Crewe had to increase the number of employees continuously to meet the demand. The waiting list in the United States is so long that customers will wait over a year and a half before they take delivery.

The convertible's launch is scheduled for 2006. Rumours had it that - because of the strong sales of the hardtop version - it could be delayed for some time due to capacity problems, but the ready-for-production-look of this prototype hints they're close to the original schedule.

The new GT Convertible is reminiscent of the legendary Bentley T Drophead Coupe that came on the market back in 1971. It should be the world's most powerful and fastest four-seat convertible ever.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

ifcar

They always go for the most unique disguises, don't they?

BMWDave

QuoteThey always go for the most unique disguises, don't they?
Yea, but the second pic is totally undisguised B)

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

Which leads me to suspect something's up with it. Why go through that much trouble to disguise one test car, and then send another entirely uncovered cruising the same area?

R33 GT-R

Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!

Raghavan

The first one's camo headlights are fugly.

R33 GT-R

That's the point Rag, it looks like a Dodge Magnum front clip.

ifcar

I was thinking more along the lines of the previous Mercedes SL.

R33 GT-R

I thought Dodge by the way they are squared off plus the grill.

BMWDave

QuoteI was thinking more along the lines of the previous Mercedes SL.
It looks like the new S class headlights.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

R33 GT-R

Raza

The top pic looks like a Charger!  Good disguise.  

The second pic looks kind of nice.  I like it.  Too bad it's an overweight AWD pig.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

BMWDave

QuoteThe top pic looks like a Charger!  Good disguise.  

The second pic looks kind of nice.  I like it.  Too bad it's an overweight AWD pig.
Now this is a REAL GT car, unlike some others you mentioned :D  :lol:

Just joshing around  :D  

2007 Honda S2000

R33 GT-R

Raza doesn't like the Bentley at all, I wub it.

Colonel Cadillac

I saw about 10 coupes sitting on the Miller Motors parking lot today. What a sexy car. I have even seen Mom's using it as their non-SUV car. J

Colonel Cadillac

On the top pic, the grille looks very Dodge-ish. No doubt about that. The headlights are more Mercedes 2007 S-class wannabe's.

Tom

QuoteOn the top pic, the grille looks very Dodge-ish. No doubt about that. The headlights are more Mercedes 2007 S-class wannabe's.
Yeah, the grill does.

Does anyone know if the Charger is getting a manual tranny?

TBR

Never liked the GT, it is a fat pig imho. It needs to go on as serious diet, both mechanically and stylistically.

Colonel Cadillac

QuoteNever liked the GT, it is a fat pig imho. It needs to go on as serious diet, both mechanically and stylistically.
Shhhh...you might make it anarexic

R33 GT-R

QuoteNever liked the GT, it is a fat pig imho. It needs to go on as serious diet, both mechanically and stylistically.
It's fat and happy that's for sure.

giant_mtb

That's one convertible that looks very nice...

Raza

QuoteOn the top pic, the grille looks very Dodge-ish. No doubt about that. The headlights are more Mercedes 2007 S-class wannabe's.
Yeah, the grill does.

Does anyone know if the Charger is getting a manual tranny?
It's not.  They should, though, scrap the SRT-8, make it an SRT-10 with a Viper engine and trans.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TBR

Why do that? The manual will hook up to the 6.1l Hemi (the Firepower had one) without too much work. I suspect that the Viper V10 as we know it will not make it to the next gen Viper, it will likely have a V10 Hemi I think.  

Raza

How much power does the 6.1 make?  More than the V10?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

TBR

Something like 415hp. There is no way Dodge will ever sell a car that has more power than the Viper.

CaseyNPham

Am I the only one who thought Crossfire??? ehh.

I actually like it. And I'm assuming it has a Ferrari styled top which just has two flap thingies on the side that doesn't make the interior any bigger.
Quoteand then caseyNpham got a 17 incher up his 'umbrella stand' and then he screamed like a little