Buick Lacrosse Caught Completely Naked

Started by 2o6, August 08, 2008, 04:53:21 PM

2o6

Are people retarded? They're complaining that this does not look like the concept. It's almost EXACTLY the concept. They just gave it smaller wheels and raised the ride height.

(can't post the pics)

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/hot_lists/car_shopping/latest_news_reviews/2010_buick_lacrosse_exclusive_photos_spied+view-photos.html

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/08/08/spy-shots-2010-buick-lacrosse-caught-completely-uncovered/

Catman

ifcar

It looks really stumpy compared to the concept. Maybe it's just the angle of the photos, but it looks as though the front and rear end are shared with the concept, while the middle was redone to kill its flowing look and proportions. Or maybe it just needs to be wider. Because as it is, it looks like an economy car.

Maybe it's a model for China, where they have compact Buicks.

the Teuton

I love the old LaCrosse.  I hope the new car jumps to the top of the class.  It looks good in an Asian sort of way.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

CJ

2o6

Quote from: ifcar on August 08, 2008, 05:12:36 PM
It looks really stumpy compared to the concept. Maybe it's just the angle of the photos, but it looks as though the front and rear end are shared with the concept, while the middle was redone to kill its flowing look and proportions. Or maybe it just needs to be wider. Because as it is, it looks like an economy car.

I think it's the tiny wheels and relatively large ride height. The Unflattering angle doesn't help.

Submariner

2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Secret Chimp

The Lacrosse's grille looks like Wallace.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Shift507

I'm getting really tired of that center dash design with the vertical A/C vents.
Recent Mopar convert

cozmik

For the first time probably ever, I agree with you. The basic elements are there, but it's not sleek and beautiful like the concept. The green house is all wrong.

The first thing I thought of when I saw it was Sebring Sedan.

The interior looks like it carried over ok though, from the few little shots of it there were.

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

Galaxy

Part of the car reminds me of the Opel Invicta.

Colin

Quote from: Galaxy on August 09, 2008, 09:11:58 AM
Part of the car reminds me of the Opel Invicta.
Eh? Did you mean the new Opel Insignia?  ;)

There has never been an Opel Invicta!  :hammerhead:

omicron

Galaxy

Quote from: Colin on August 10, 2008, 05:29:55 AM
Eh? Did you mean the new Opel Insignia?  ;)

There has never been an Opel Invicta!  :hammerhead:

Yes the Insignia.

Atomic

Quote from: CosmicSaab on August 09, 2008, 08:54:59 AM
For the first time probably ever, I agree with you. The basic elements are there, but it's not sleek and beautiful like the concept. The green house is all wrong.

The first thing I thought of when I saw it was Sebring Sedan.

The interior looks like it carried over ok though, from the few little shots of it there were.

i see the sebring in it, too, especially from the rear. it also resembles a toyota, imo.

MX793

Tires look too small and, at least from that front quarter angle, it reminds me of the Hyundai Elantra.  Interior looks decent, though.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

MX793

Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

hotrodalex

The sides are pretty much the same, the crease line is still there and everything. The camera angle and paint color make it hard to see.

As for the wheels, they look to be base (16 inchers) I'm sure there will be an ~18 inch option that should fill out the wheel wells better.

ifcar

The crease line's the same? How about the roofline?

hotrodalex

Quote from: ifcar on August 11, 2008, 06:14:32 AM
The crease line's the same? How about the roofline?

Of course the roofline isn't the same, concept cars almost always have unrealistic roofs.

Atomic

Quote from: Catman on August 08, 2008, 05:01:30 PM
That car looks beautiful.  Unique too. :clap:

you have been surrounded by too many ford car victoria interceptors! let's hope this buick is offered with a police package. lol!

Atomic

Quote from: MX793 on August 10, 2008, 07:29:45 PM
Tires look too small and, at least from that front quarter angle, it reminds me of the Hyundai Elantra.  Interior looks decent, though.

i agree, and the elantra is bland. looks nothing like the concept, imo. damn shame. it's your father's buick. the interior? not enough is shown for me to comment. the car is definitely for the chinese market, but knowing gm, the same car will be sold here. i am obviously disappointed, especially after the introduction of the surprisingly sharp chevrolet malibu ltz!

ifcar

Quote from: hotrodalex on August 11, 2008, 07:35:52 PM
Of course the roofline isn't the same, concept cars almost always have unrealistic roofs.

You can put the most elegant front and rear end on, but if you give a car a stumpy middle, you've accomplished nothing.

SagRacer

I'm really disappointed with the piss-poor fit and finish of the hood interface.  Buick, whatever happened to "Beyond Precision"?  Whatever engineer designed that didn?t use anything more precise than a yardstick.  It looks like you could slide ping pong balls in that gap.

Morris Minor

Looks like the hood is floating two inches above the car
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

ifcar

Raza

The current model looks much, much better.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

MX793

Quote from: Morris Minor on August 15, 2008, 02:29:30 PM
Looks like the hood is floating two inches above the car

Apparently they are taking styling pointers from whomever penned the latest C class (the hood isn't latched in that photo, says so in the articles)
Needs more Jiggawatts

Soup DeVille

Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator