Weird Noise from Window

Started by Danish, August 14, 2008, 01:42:15 PM

Danish

In my Corolla, when I am raising the (power) window on the driver's side door, I get this weird "RAARraarRAARraarRAAR" type noise. Going down, the window is smooth and quiet, its just when it goes up. Also, the sound comes and goes.

Is this something I should be worried about? What can I do to alleviate the situation?
Quote from: Lebowski on December 17, 2008, 05:46:10 PM
No advice can be worse than Coug's, in any thread, ever.

93JC

There's a problem with either:

1) the mechanism
2) the motor

The fact that it goes down no problem suggests to me it's your motor, which is failing (as motors do, over time). It's much easier for the motor to lower the window than to raise it, making me think the sound is your motor struggling to keep up.

At the same time it's intermittent, meaning... :huh: ? If it really bothers you get someone to look at it or pop the door panel off yourself.

The Pirate

1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

Danish

I hate to admit this, but that made me laugh out loud :lol:
Quote from: Lebowski on December 17, 2008, 05:46:10 PM
No advice can be worse than Coug's, in any thread, ever.

The Pirate

:lol:

I saw the opportunity, and I would have hated myself if I hadn't taken it.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.