Volga Siber

Started by 2o6, August 15, 2008, 08:04:18 PM

2o6

Pretty Much, is the Previous Gen Sebring that has some elements that have been toughened up.

http://www.autoreview.ru/archive/2008/12/siber/

Anyone else think the Concept renderings make the old Sebring look rather attractive?

If you scroll down the page, they are also planning to do the Dodge Caliber. (I think..........cannot read Russian)

Submariner

They could not have picked a better platform to start from.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

CJ

Is it bad that I sort of like this car?  The old Sebring was a sedate looking vehicle, but it was just not a terribly BAD car.

the Teuton

2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Danish

Wow, that black car is trying so hard :mask:
Quote from: Lebowski on December 17, 2008, 05:46:10 PM
No advice can be worse than Coug's, in any thread, ever.

CaMIRO

This car has been launched to compete with Dacia's Logan, a rather stolid design which, if reasonably modern, is hardly inspiring. If looks alone are considered, the Sebring will have little trouble outshining it.

Renault is now assembling the Logan in Russia, so GAZ (which makes the Volga) is fighting back.

ifcar

The Sebring/Siber certainly has a size advantage though, if it's priced comparably to the Logan. Of course, it's interior packaging nearly cancels that out, but looking like a bigger car must count for something.

CaMIRO

Quote from: ifcar on August 17, 2008, 05:32:44 AM
The Sebring/Siber certainly has a size advantage though, if it's priced comparably to the Logan. Of course, it's interior packaging nearly cancels that out, but looking like a bigger car must count for something.

Good point. In Eastern Europe, with that chrome grille... you bet!

omicron

The headlight washers appear larger than the headlights themselves....

Danish

If Omi was drunk, he'd still find the car unattractive
Quote from: Lebowski on December 17, 2008, 05:46:10 PM
No advice can be worse than Coug's, in any thread, ever.

93JC

Ouch, if that ain't damning I don't know what is.

omicron

Ouch indeed. I'm harsh like that, see.

I note with interest that I cannot see into the engine compartment, unlike the new Mercedes-Benz E-class. This is clearly a design fault - being able to see the engine through the panel gaps is much more fashionable than this visually-restrictive faff.