**** XK60 Event at Goodwood - Part 2 ****

Started by Colin, August 16, 2008, 02:42:20 AM

Colin

"C" Type

"D" Type

This one was actually a replica, but looked pretty good to me

"E" Type

Although the "E" type also used the XK engine until the launch of the Series 3 V12 models arrived, it was somewhat relegated to a position out in the field. A large number of these cars were on show, of course, with every variant to be seen:

One of the initial press cars - the very one which, with a bit of fine-tuning, allowed Autocar to reach 150 mph for the first time in their Road Test:

XKSS

Lister Jaguar

Ecurie Ecosse

A splendid display of these cars, including the original transporter, powered, as we now know from a recent thread, by a Commer engine. Several of these cars all belong to one lucky (and doubtless wealthy) owner.

Pommes-T

'00 BMW 523i

cawimmer430

Great pictures and write-up. Interesting to see all those E-Type variants and racing models. Jaguar has a lot of motorsport heritage: me like.  :praise:

By the way, would you happen to know which brand this bus / truck belongs too or was it a specially made inhouse Jaguar-design to move their sports cars from race to race?

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Tave

My doctor has an E-type in the same color. You wouldn't think it, but it's a stunning paint job on that car, especially when the sun is out.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Colin

The transporter is based on a Commer design. Commer was part of the Rootes Group, acquired by Chrysler in 1867.

All the racing teams in the 1950s and 1960s had their own transporters, and various survive, or in the case of that fabulous Mercedes one, have been recreated. 

I think I need to do some more research on Ecurie Ecosse, as this was not a Jaguar-exclusive factory team.