Chevrolet WTCC R+

Started by GMPenguin, July 25, 2005, 07:33:59 PM

GMPenguin

Came across this on Americancarfans.com, and am too lazy to look at google, anybody know anything about it?

BMWDave

I think that a Suzuki Verona is a rebody of this Chevrolet which is sold in Europe.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

93JC

QuoteI think that a Suzuki Verona is a rebody of this Chevrolet which is sold in Europe.
Actually, it's a Suzuki Forenza rebadge, not Verona.

It's a production representation of the Chevrolet Nubira (/Lacetti/Optra) that competes in the World Touring Car Championship in Europe.

It differs from the regular fare in that it has a stronger, stiffer suspension, bigger, better brakes, some interior bits, new wheels and tires, the lame-ass graphic across the top of the windsheild, some bodywork, and an upgraded engine (supercharged 2.0L I4: 172hp, 170ft-lbs).

Unfortunately for us Canadians (who happen to be able to get the regular  Chevy Optra), we DON'T get the WTCC R+.  

BMWDave

QuoteI think that a Suzuki Verona is a rebody of this Chevrolet which is sold in Europe.

It's a production representation of the Chevrolet Nubira (/Lacetti/Optra) that competes in the World Touring Car Championship in Europe.

It differs from the regular fare in that it has a stronger, stiffer suspension, bigger, better brakes, some interior bits, new wheels and tires, the lame-ass graphic across the top of the windsheild, some bodywork, and an upgraded engine (supercharged 2.0L I4: 172hp, 170ft-lbs).

Unfortunately for us Canadians (who happen to be able to get the regular  Chevy Optra), we DON'T get the WTCC R+.
Neither do we americans ;)

And I meant Forenza :mellow: I just mixed up the names B)

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

93JC

QuoteNeither do we americans ;)
Yeah, but we actually get the regular version to begin with. You guys don't get this Chevy at all (save for the extended family relationship between Suzuki and GM. Coincidentally, we don't get the Forenza or Reno in Canada. We do get the Verona and an Aveo clone named Swift+ though).

GMPenguin

Ever driven an Optra?

93JC

No, I haven't actually. I'd like to try one.

I know someone who rented one for a few weeks, and he thought it was okay.