BMW's Bold New Z4 Strategy Revealed

Started by BMWDave, July 26, 2005, 06:26:04 AM

ifcar

QuoteIt would be cool to have a Z4...but for now I have the Disco II, and soon I'm going to upgrade.  Probably a used Porsche 944 Turbo, as theyre bloody fast, and not so expensive.
Would that be your only car?

BMWDave

QuoteIt would be cool to have a Z4...but for now I have the Disco II, and soon I'm going to upgrade.  Probably a used Porsche 944 Turbo, as theyre bloody fast, and not so expensive.
Would that be your only car?
It would be my personal daily driver...my family would still have the Disco, though B)

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Raza

Hmm...the Box is almost too good a deal.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

BMWDave

QuoteHmm...the Box is almost too good a deal.
I know...its crazy!  I'll have to reassess my money situation in a few years, but I should have about 11K grand, and I'm sure I can borrow some money to get a 15K used car, at the very least.

2007 Honda S2000

Raza

I know...its crazy!  I'll have to reassess my money situation in a few years, but I should have about 11K grand, and I'm sure I can borrow some money to get a 15K used car, at the very least.

You know you want it.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

BMWDave

You know you want it.
When I have more money in a few years, I will test drive the M Roadster, 944t, Boxster, and others.  And I will post a thread about it.  Since I'm not going to buy at the moment, I am not test driving.  But when I do, I will make a decision.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

Go for the newer car, if possible. I assume you'd be planning to drive the car, not work on it constantly, correct?

BMWDave

QuoteGo for the newer car, if possible. I assume you'd be planning to drive the car, not work on it constantly, correct?
:D  Yea...I am going to reevaluate my options in a few years when I save up all the money  B)

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

At least you aren't planning (it doesn't sound like) to take out a loan to buy, a rare intelligence in today's market.

BMWDave

QuoteAt least you aren't planning (it doesn't sound like) to take out a loan to buy, a rare intelligence in today's market.
I am not taking out a loan to buy...if I take out a "loan", it would be from family (totally off the record).

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

That's a start, I suppose, though getting together the money beforehand is always preferable.

BMWDave

QuoteThat's a start, I suppose, though getting together the money beforehand is always preferable.
I'll see...if I have enough money beforehand, I wont take borrow.  The most I would borrow is 5K, but only if I see an amazing deal I dont have money for at the moment.

2007 Honda S2000

Raza

Well, when you're ready to buy, the arsenal we call my mind will be at your disposal.  If it's a couple of years, who knows--I may even be able to help you in person, if you're close enough.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

BMWDave

QuoteWell, when you're ready to buy, the arsenal we call my mind will be at your disposal.  If it's a couple of years, who knows--I may even be able to help you in person, if you're close enough.
Thanks a lot :)

I will consult your mind when necessary :lol:  

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

QuoteThat's a start, I suppose, though getting together the money beforehand is always preferable.
I'll see...if I have enough money beforehand, I wont take borrow.  The most I would borrow is 5K, but only if I see an amazing deal I dont have money for at the moment.
That's the only time it would make sense IMO.  :rockon:  

BMWDave

That's the only time it would make sense IMO.  :rockon:
See, I'm a smart guy after all ;)  :lol:  

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

Doesn't mean you're not always wrong. ;)

BMWDave

QuoteDoesn't mean you're not always wrong. ;)
I am not always wrong :lol:  

2007 Honda S2000

Raza

Well, you're right when you agree with me.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

BMWDave

:lol:

Let me know how this Z4 deal works out... B)   I assume youre buying new?

2007 Honda S2000

Raza

Yeah, it'll be new.  I'm waiting for the 255 bhp engine.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

BMWDave

Yeah, it'll be new.  I'm waiting for the 255 bhp engine.
Very cool B)

Hopefully, in about 2 years I'll have a good amount saved up, enough to get me a nice used Porsche or BMW.  And I will contact you for advice when that moment comes :D

2007 Honda S2000

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i