Exclusive Spy Video: 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo

Started by BMWDave, July 26, 2005, 06:28:21 AM

BMWDave

Exclusive Spy Video and Photos: 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo

Link with Video

Somewhere underneath this clever disguise is a sizable rear spoiler that should add substantial rear downforce at speed.

This angle shows off the Turbo's new intercooler intakes. Also note the vents behind the rear wheels, another Turbo trademark.

Date Posted 06-30-2005

It won't officially debut until September at the Frankfurt Motor Show, but we have exclusive video and pictures of the 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo. Caught for the first time undergoing road testing in the U.S., our exclusive images reveal a 911 Turbo with a new set of slim intercooler intakes that should make their way to the production model.

Because of the roughness of this prototype's bodywork many of the details are still hidden, but look past the obvious disguise and the car's major hard points are well defined. The wider tail section not only blends with the new intakes, it also makes way for what will probably be a set of 19-inch wheels wrapped with tires in the 315/30 range.

The 2007 911 Turbo is expected to use the larger 3.8-liter flat six found in the current Carrera, and the extra displacement should push it into the 460-to-480-horsepower range with a corresponding increase in torque. Like the current Turbo the next-generation model will come standard with a six-speed manual, but a DSG-type transmission is said to be in the works. All-wheel drive will also be part of the package.

Despite these changes, the 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo will not weigh substantially more than the current version, which should help push its top speed past the 191-mph mark. Like the latest Z06 Corvette, the 911 Turbo is expected to accelerate from zero to 60 in less than 4 seconds. Some rivalries never get old.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Colonel Cadillac

It was never going fast in the video which is a bit dissapointing.

JYODER240

i sure hope they do something about that spoiler
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

sportyaccordy

Wow that really looks mean...I'm a fan already. What I'm really waiting for though is the next GT3...