2007 Toyota Camry Spy Photos

Started by BMWDave, July 26, 2005, 06:35:20 AM

BMWDave

2007 Toyota Camry Spy Photos

Link with More Photos

As a 2007 model the next generation Toyota Camry goes on sale early next year.  The Camry will be larger in all dimensions than its predecessor and receive a major change in styling more along the lines of the new Avalon and the CCX Concept presented back in 2002.  Continuing its onslaught of hybrid vehicles Toyota announced in May that the 2007 Camry will receive a V6 hybrid engine to compete with Honda's V6 Hybrid Accord launched last December.  The longstanding 3.0 liter V6 engine will finally take a bow and make way for either a revised 3.3 liter V6 or the new 3.5 liter V6 currently found in the Avalon.  Debut expected in Tokyo with sales starting in the New Year in the US. The Camry will be built in the Georgetown, Kentucky plant.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

ifcar

I like how they stuck on the Honda logo. :D

I'm not sold on the car, though. A few sharper lines (like on the current Camry and Avalon) could go a long way towards making the car appear less bloated.

BMWDave

QuoteI like how they stuck on the Honda logo. :D

I'm not sold on the car, though. A few sharper lines (like on the current Camry and Avalon) could go a long way towards making the car appear less bloated.
I know :D   Theyre ricers :lol:

From these pictures, the car still looks too bloated, IMO.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

ifcar

It definitely does, more so than the current Camy IMO.

mazda6er

Looks ok to me. Not sure if I like the idea of a size increase though.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

TBR

QuoteIt definitely does, more so than the current Camy IMO.
I don't think so, this looks much better than the current Camry. But, it still won't be winning any beauty contests.  

giant_mtb

Is that a weight-saving cardboard hood?!  :o  :lol:  Dude that probably adds 5 HP!  :o  Same with that Honda badge!  B)

Errr...but yeah.  It's not the most exciting car in the world, and it never has been, but ok.

bobwill

I don't particularly care for that vehicle.  I actually think the current camry looks fine.
Based on what they reported on drivetrains looks like the good ole general has managed to hold back that 3.9L for the G6 and Malibu just long enough to make sure that Toyota has a competitive product in their lineup.  :rolleyes:  

CaseyNPham

It must've been expensive to make that badge... But if you're really familiar with Toyotas, you'd immediately notice the Lexus shaped mirrors and Crownish doors and door handles.
Quoteand then caseyNpham got a 17 incher up his 'umbrella stand' and then he screamed like a little

bobwill

QuoteIt must've been expensive to make that badge... But if you're really familiar with Toyotas, you'd immediately notice the Lexus shaped mirrors and Crownish doors and door handles.
I think the H badge is little more than silver tape. :)

ifcar

I think he was kidding. It wouldn't be expensive to use a real badge either, just pay $3 for one at a junkyard.  

Raza

How can you tell?  It's like saying that a person is terribly scarred before they unwrap the gauze..

From what I actually can see, it may be better than the bloated pig that is sold now.  Any word on suspension?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Colonel Cadillac

I love the "H" in duck tape.  

CaseyNPham

QuoteIt must've been expensive to make that badge... But if you're really familiar with Toyotas, you'd immediately notice the Lexus shaped mirrors and Crownish doors and door handles.
I think the H badge is little more than silver tape. :)
Oh, I thought it was some kind of expensive PLASTIC! ^_^  ;)  
Quoteand then caseyNpham got a 17 incher up his 'umbrella stand' and then he screamed like a little