One for BMWBob!!

Started by R33 GT-R, July 27, 2005, 02:46:29 PM

R33 GT-R

Bob this one's for you, they are waiting for your call.

BMWBob!
Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!

Colonel Cadillac

Ooo, I saw one of those but blue yesterday. Very sexy.  

giant_mtb

BMWBob...

Very nice car...I wish I had one.  B)  B)  

JYODER240

one was at my work about a week ago, i waited around because i wanted to hear it. The guy was nice and reved it for me.  :D  
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Tom

BMWDave

QuoteBMWBob? lol :rolleyes:  :lol:
whos BMWbob :mellow:

The car is really nice, but I cant justify spending so much on a Vanquish when a DB9 surpasses it in quality and speed.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

R33 GT-R

What's the reason for the 210 mph speedo?

BMWDave

QuoteWhat's the reason for the 210 mph speedo?
It can go about 190 mph...210 isnt that far off ;)  

2007 Honda S2000

Tom

R33 GT-R

Well, it's way off if you think about how much aerodynamics come into play at those speeds.  It could take another 100hp and a taller gear to hit 210.   ;)  

giant_mtb

Yeah...but who wants a speedo that tops out at 190...it just looks/sounds weird..210 is much more formal and normal sounding.

BMWDave

Well, it's way off if you think about how much aerodynamics come into play at those speeds.  It could take another 100hp and a taller gear to hit 210.   ;)
Even still, automakers always tend to put speedmeters which have readings beyond the cars actual abilities.  

2007 Honda S2000

giant_mtb

Of course.  And if the Aston is electronically limited to 190...then maybe it is possible to acheive 210 if that limiter is bypassed...?

BMWDave

QuoteOf course.  And if the Aston is electronically limited to 190...then maybe it is possible to acheive 210 if that limiter is bypassed...?
Astons are not electronically limited, to my knowledge.

2007 Honda S2000

giant_mtb

QuoteOf course.  And if the Aston is electronically limited to 190...then maybe it is possible to acheive 210 if that limiter is bypassed...?
Oh I see...yeah...I guess 190 is a pretty high limit...doesn't make much sense.  :lol:  :lol:  

BMWDave

QuoteOf course.? And if the Aston is electronically limited to 190...then maybe it is possible to acheive 210 if that limiter is bypassed...?
Oh I see...yeah...I guess 190 is a pretty high limit...doesn't make much sense.  :lol:  :lol:
If vehicles are limited, then the highest they go is 155.  I have never heard of speed limited vehicles going higher.  And if they arent speed limited, the car will go to maximum rpms in top gear.

2007 Honda S2000

R33 GT-R

QuoteOf course.? And if the Aston is electronically limited to 190...then maybe it is possible to acheive 210 if that limiter is bypassed...?
If vehicles are limited, then the highest they go is 155.  I have never heard of speed limited vehicles going higher.  And if they arent speed limited, the car will go to maximum rpms in top gear.
Many are speed limited at 149 too.

giant_mtb

Yeah 155 seems to be the norm.

SargeMonkey

I saw a wreked one, I think it hit a tree, I asked the guy in the body shop he said he was doing 30 and he lost it in a corner, something about ice, I wish I had my camera, it looked like it was dropped off a cliff.
`79 Civic Cvcc
`81 Civic 1300xl
`78 Silverado Camper 454
`70 Chevy Fleetside (non running)
`91 Camry XL All-trac 4cyl
`86 Toyota Pickup (475k miles)
`92 Jeep Wrangler Renegade 4" lift 35" tires.