Chevrolet Equinox Pretty Much Naked

Started by 2o6, September 23, 2008, 07:52:37 AM

2o6

I rather am starting to like Chevrolet's new chunky styling.

ifcar

The whole front end looks like an afterthought, the taillights are unattractive, and the beltline is too high. The current Equinox doesn't have too much going for it, but at least it's attractive.

2o6

Quote from: ifcar on September 23, 2008, 07:56:19 AM
The whole front end looks like an afterthought, the taillights are unattractive, and the beltline is too high. The current Equinox doesn't have too much going for it, but at least it's attractive.

I disagree..........I think the current equinox/torrent is rather ugly. I rather like this, reminds me of the Lambda's. I think it makes it look rather large, when in reality it's the same size of the new Vue.

akuma_supreme

What an utterly groundbreaking facelift of the Saturn Vue.

Isn't GM also supposed to base a SAAB model off of this platform?

Does GM even care that no one wants their cars?

2o6

Quote from: akuma_supreme on September 23, 2008, 01:35:02 PM
What an utterly groundbreaking facelift of the Saturn Vue.

Huh? It looks nothing like a Saturn........

Isn't GM also supposed to base a SAAB model off of this platform?

And a Cadillac. VW Audi has so many cars based off their Jetta/Golf platform it just isn't funny. If they can differenciate their cars enough, they'll behave like totally different products.

Does GM even care that no one wants their cars?

Yes they do.....even the Horrendus Base Cobalt and Ugly Aveo are actually selling well. Dependable appliences, quite reliable, even if lacking in some areas.

akuma_supreme

Yes, except for the fact that they are almost identical, the Vue and Equinox look no more alike than say the Chevy Celebrity and Pontiac 6000.

Let's hear it for brand-engineering! :partyon:

2o6

Quote from: akuma_supreme on September 23, 2008, 04:16:57 PM
Yes, except for the fact that they are almost identical, the Vue and Equinox look no more alike than say the Chevy Celebrity and Pontiac 6000.

Let's hear it for brand-engineering! :partyon:

I don't see it. They're even on two completely different platforms.

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

2o6

Quote from: Laconian on September 23, 2008, 05:09:38 PM

I see influence from that generation, but from the current generation not really. I always thought the 1st gen VUE was fairly handsome. Boxy, Utilitarian and simplistic styling really does it for me.

CJ

I REALLY need that projectile vomiting smiley...

akuma_supreme

Quote from: 2o6 on September 23, 2008, 05:11:39 PM
I see influence from that generation, but from the current generation not really. I always thought the 1st gen VUE was fairly handsome. Boxy, Utilitarian and simplistic styling really does it for me.

I bet you like fat russian chicks who don't shave their legs too. 

Soup DeVille

Quote from: akuma_supreme on September 24, 2008, 09:18:48 PM

Hey, we don't make fun of your tastes here!

206 is a little special, that's all.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

akuma_supreme

Quote from: Soup DeVille on September 24, 2008, 09:29:45 PM
Hey, we don't make fun of your tastes here!

206 is a little special, that's all.

As a Bosnian friend once (jokingly) said, "We like girls who are good with plow!"

2o6

Quote from: akuma_supreme on September 24, 2008, 09:18:48 PM

I've never made fun of what you liked, so why are you doing so here? That comment was rude and uncalled for.

nickdrinkwater

akuma_supreme

Quote from: 2o6 on September 25, 2008, 06:42:15 AM

I've never made fun of what you liked, so why are you doing so here? That comment was rude and uncalled for.

I wasn't making fun of you for neither your love of bland GM SUV's, nor your zest for obese, hirsute, slavic beauties.  I was simply making a declarative statement.  There was no perjorative inference.

2o6

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on September 25, 2008, 10:56:08 AM
When will GM learn...

Learn what? The Equinox is for the US market, and the European Antara (Saturn VUE) isn't exactly getting rave reviews......the Equinox is actually selling very well, and people like it. It's just that Really old 3.4L that likes to suck gas and produce little amounts of power.

Quote from: akuma_supreme on September 25, 2008, 11:10:36 AM
I wasn't making fun of you for neither your love of bland GM SUV's, nor your zest for obese, hirsute, slavic beauties.  I was simply making a declarative statement.  There was no perjorative inference.

Ok, so what's better? The New VUE looks nice, but the Escape is old, the CR-V has a hideous face, the RAV-4 is bland, and the only good looking car in this segment is the Outlander, and it's not exactly class leading.

I still think your comment was rude.

USA_Idol

The current Equinox and its Torrent variant don't really do much for me.  From what I can see in these spy shots...the future Equinox doesn't do much for me either.   :huh:

hotrodalex

I don't see why you guys have a problem with it. :huh:

WookieOnRitalin

Quote from: hotrodalex on September 27, 2008, 02:31:22 PM
I don't see why you guys have a problem with it. :huh:

It looks large, probably 4k in weight, and will probably be more expensive than the previous Nox. GM should have just made it more space efficient and tried to keep the weight down. Size isn't always everything...
1989 Mazda 929
1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2010 Saab 9-3
2012 Suzuki Kizashi
2015 Mazda3

1987 Nissan Maxima GXE
2006 Subaru Baja Turbo

Sigma Projects

people say size isn't everything, which I would agree. But it seems the bulk of the market it is :(
RAs, the last of the RWD Celicas

TBR

I wish Chevrolet was cable of designing a properly sized grill.

Secret Chimp

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

the Teuton

I got to check out the new Vue the other month, and I came away with two conclusions:

1) It's nice.

2) But no way in hell was it $24k nice.

I don't know what these people are smoking, but speaking that that was a 3.5 Vue, I think there are better fish in the sea for the money.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

280Z Turbo

Quote from: TBR on November 23, 2008, 10:25:13 AM
I wish Chevrolet was cable of designing a properly sized grill.

You've gotta know who makes it.

GM knows that a billboard on the front of their cars is cheaper than buying advertising space elsewhere.

ifcar

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on November 28, 2008, 04:01:02 PM
You've gotta know who makes it.

GM knows that a billboard on the front of their cars is cheaper than buying advertising space elsewhere.

I'd be astonished if the average person could associate the Chevrolet grille with the Chevrolet brand.

USA_Idol

Quote from: ifcar on November 28, 2008, 05:17:30 PM
I'd be astonished if the average person could associate the Chevrolet grille with the Chevrolet brand.

The big bowtie logo in the middle might give some a clue.