If you won the lottery...

Started by SVT666, September 25, 2008, 05:34:17 PM

sandertheshark

TBR

Assuming this was a substantial amount I think I'd either get a Dinan 535i or an E46 M3.

Soup DeVille

I have to say that I'm appalled that so far only Sander and ChrisV have shown any real measure of taste in this thread.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Raza

Quote from: Soup DeVille on October 09, 2008, 04:38:11 PM
I have to say that I'm appalled that so far only Sander and ChrisV have shown any real measure of taste in this thread.

My first thought was that finding a good classic would take time.  I don't have enough patience for that to be my first purchase.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Raza  on October 09, 2008, 04:41:50 PM
My first thought was that finding a good classic would take time.  I don't have enough patience for that to be my first purchase.

He did say "first purchase," didn't he?
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Raza

Quote from: Soup DeVille on October 09, 2008, 04:46:05 PM
He did say "first purchase," didn't he?

Indeed.  I'd scour the classifieds for a 65 Shelby GT350, but after the 911 Turbo.

I'd also get an E36 328is for turning into a track car.  An Elise, too.  And others.  But the 911 Turbo cabriolet (Meteor Gray/Black with black wheels and a blue top with PCCB) comes first.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TBR

I rather doubt it is possible to have two cars on campus and I have to live here for the next two years so  I would have to get something that could be trusted to make it to Texas and back two or three times year.

hotrodalex

SVT666

An Aston Martin isn't tasteful?  What are you smoking?

Nethead

Quote from: omicron on September 28, 2008, 11:41:59 AM
When in doubt, go Firemist.

As for the main question, I'd head out straight away and find an XW Falcon GTHO Phase II in red, silver or the very rare olive green with black bonnet. Then, I'd buy this 1963 Pontiac LeMans for its wonderful '60s simplicity, classic good looks and rarity compared to early Mustangs and Camaros. Finally, I'd search for a marvellous '70s Cadillac; I'm not yet sure what model (let alone colour and trim combination), but it would certainly be big, bold and luxurious.

How heavenly.

omicron:  OmiDude!  Yeah, a spotless '63 Pontiac Tempest LeMans coupe would be a heckuva place to start--looking back over the decades, it's sorta sad that the '64 Tempest went up in size--the '64 GTO woulda been even badder on the smaller '63 Tempest chassis!  You have a sharp eye, OmiDude!
So many stairs...so little time...

Nethead

The '66 Bronco needs some work, and lottery millions could ease my pain!

First, I'd get a twenty-four bottle case of fresh Negra Modello :cheers: 

Then, I'd learn how to professionally weld--not the welding as I currently mis-practice the skill.  I'd add a heli-arc set-up to my current equipment and gain some competence with that hardware, too.

After that, I'd get a quality tubing cutter, stand mounted, and enough tubing to teach myself to cut tubing professionally.

I'd follow that up with a tubing bender, and more tubing to get the technique really down cold.

(Look for the price of steel tubing and chrome-moly tubing to go way, waaaayyy up)

Then I'd twirl my mustache while eyeing the Bronco malevolently, and watch it squirm as I slowly turn the valve on the acetylene tank...

BU-WA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!!! :heated: :heated: :heated:

Nethead

Then, a used Mustang FR500C from 2005, a second racing seat with harness to match the driver's racing seat, a complete set of Ford GT emissions equipment, a Tremec 6060, a turn signal kit, the phone number of the best window-tinting shop in the Northeast, a source for a Wink wide-angle rear view mirror, an appointment with Paint by Santini in HoChiMinhster, CA, a coupla new helmets to replace my battered Bells, a genuine Nomex racing suit to replace the ancient 'cycle leathers from mo'sickle dragracing days, a full summer of racing school at Miller Motorsports Park, and another twenty-four bottle case of Negra Modello :cheers:

Well, since we're talkin' millions here, a coupla packages of Antonio y Cleopatras (Would that be Antonios y Cleopatras?) for relaxing after a day at the track...

Raza

Quote from: TBR on October 09, 2008, 10:35:04 PM
I rather doubt it is possible to have two cars on campus and I have to live here for the next two years so  I would have to get something that could be trusted to make it to Texas and back two or three times year.

Dude, you just won the fucking lottery.  You can afford to lease a spot or two at a local parking garage.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

hotrodalex

Quote from: Raza  on October 10, 2008, 06:37:57 PM
Dude, you just won the fucking lottery.  You can afford to lease a spot or two at a local parking garage.

Just buy the whole thing. :lol:

the Teuton

Is it wrong that I'd probably get a 1100 hp Lingenfelter Hummer H1 Alpha for a weekend car?
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

J86

nah, id probably get a peterbilt just for shits.

hotrodalex

You guys are impossible.

Get both, dammit!

:lol:

the Teuton

A Hummer weighs about 7500 lbs.  Would 1100 hp be enough?
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

TBR

Quote from: Raza  on October 10, 2008, 06:37:57 PM
Wouldn't be worth the trouble (keep in mind that not only is freshmen parking .5 miles away from my dorm, but the closest parking garage is probably 5 miles away).

Besides, considering the condition of my current daily driver replacing it would be my first priority anyway, even if I had somewhere to put a 2nd car.

TBR

To prove that I do have good taste, this is the full list of what my purchases would be if I won an obscene amount of money:
1. New BMW 535i Dinan
2. Ferrari 348 Targa
3. Porsche 964 Turbo (eventually I would tune the crap out of, but only after I had a fair amount of track time with it in stock config)
4. New VW Touraeg V8
5. New Chris Craft Launch 25

J86

TBR

Bloody expensive too (like $105k), but I bet they have great resale value and it's probably a boat that would last you for a lifetime.

J86

drives well, and most importantly, looks damn good doing it, particularly in blue.

TBR

Quote from: J86 on October 10, 2008, 08:08:35 PM
drives well, and most importantly, looks damn good doing it, particularly in blue.

Oh most certainly. Chris Craft makes pretty much the best looking motor boats out there.

CJ

I've changed my mind.  I would buy a 535xi wagon with a 6-speed manual and every thinkable option.  Then I would buy an E63 AMG wagon.

2o6

List:

1. Peugeot 206 2.0L GTI
2. Tommy Kaira ZZII (Was it ever for sale? Even so, I'd buy the concept)
3. 1972 Lotus Elan Sprint
4. Ford RS200
5. GMC Typhoon
6. Dodge Caravan 2.5L
7. Citroen DS
8. Daihatsu Copen
9. Aston Martin Lagonda
10. 1984 Fiat Panda

J86

Quote from: TBR on October 10, 2008, 08:13:29 PM
Oh most certainly. Chris Craft makes pretty much the best looking motor boats out there.

Some of the best looking from a major manufacturer for sure.  The really reinvented themselves just a few years ago.

the Teuton

Okay, if we're making top 10 lists now, here's mine:

1) 993 Turbo S
2) 1957 Bel Air fuelie convertible
3) GC style Subaru modded to hell (like maybe my GF wagon)
4) E46 M3 convertible
5) Bentley Arnage R (?)
6) LHD converted R34 Skyline GT-R
7) Modded B5 Audi RS4 sedan (so a converted S4)
8) 1100 hp Hummer H1
9) Porsche Boxster S
10) Porsche 959

TBR

I couldn't imagine actually having 10 cars, pretty much precludes a normal house and I have no desire to live on an estate. Nonetheless...

1. Dinan 535i
2. Ferrari 348
2. 964 Turbo
4. Lotus Exige S
5. VW Touraeg
6. Lamborghini Gallardo LP-560
7. Ford F-250 PSD
8. Mercedes-Benz CL600
9. 1997 Rolls Royce (can't remember the actual name, but the last of the non-Germanic Rolls)
10. GMC Yukon Denali XL

the Teuton

Quote9. 1997 Rolls Royce (can't remember the actual name, but the last of the non-Germanic Rolls)

Silver Seraph or Silver Spur.  Pick one.  The Seraph was introduced in 1999, but it's the last Crewe Rolls.