What Class are You?

Started by 2o6, September 25, 2008, 07:19:28 PM

Of What Economic Class do you currently reside?

Homeless
3 (9.4%)
Bankrupt
0 (0%)
Lower Class
2 (6.3%)
Middle Lower Class
1 (3.1%)
Upper Lower Class
1 (3.1%)
Lower Middle Class
2 (6.3%)
Middle Class
4 (12.5%)
Upper Middle Class
8 (25%)
Wealthy
3 (9.4%)
Obscenely Rich
0 (0%)
Billionare
3 (9.4%)
I do not know of this "money" thing you speak of
1 (3.1%)
Other
1 (3.1%)
None
1 (3.1%)
Prefer not to say
0 (0%)
Student......so there really is no Class for me at the moment
2 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 32

the Teuton

Quote from: The Pirate on September 25, 2008, 07:58:01 PM

In other words, a healthy mix of homeless, bankrupt and lower class.

I prefer the more politically correct term:  College Student.  Thanks.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

dazzleman

Adam, I'm always in search of bad influences.  The WT world is so much more exciting than the pain vanilla world I have to inhabit on a daily basis..:P
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Onslaught

Quote from: dazzleman on September 25, 2008, 08:00:45 PM
These days, if you're not facing imminent foreclosure, you're at least upper middle class...
Let's see
34 almost 35 years old.
Home is paid for.
Car is paid for.
No Credit card debt.
But not all that much money in the bank. Or not as much as I'd like.

I'm ok then!

Rich

The class of 2001!

And the class of the field on race day :praise:
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

dazzleman

Onslaught -
I'd take your situation over having a little money in the bank, but massive debt.

Having a home that's paid for is phenomenal at your age.  How did you manage that?
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: dazzleman on September 25, 2008, 08:12:57 PM
Adam, I'm always in search of bad influences.  The WT world is so much more exciting than the pain vanilla world I have to inhabit on a daily basis..:P

You should buy a weekend vacation home in a trailer park. Don't forget to pack some sweat pants, wife beaters, and a rack of Bud Light. Also, that BMW will stick out like... well, like a BMW in a trailer park. You'll need something along the lines of a 1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera with no hubcaps.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

dazzleman

Maybe you can help me locate a good trailer park...:P

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: dazzleman on September 25, 2008, 08:23:49 PM
Maybe you can help me locate a good trailer park...:P

you wish maybe I could help you locate a good trailer park  :rolleyes:

dazzleman

I've actually seen some trailer parks that were pretty nice.

Vinsanity

You should have an option for "ghetto fabulous".

But I guess that's kind of what I already chose :huh:

dazzleman

Ghetto fabulous.  That's a good one, man.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: dazzleman on September 25, 2008, 08:31:13 PM
I've actually seen some trailer parks that were pretty nice.

If you want to be WT on the weekends, you need to find a trashy one.

dazzleman

The only one that was pretty close to me was sold and turned into a shopping center.  I don't think it was even very trashy.

There are some really bad ones up in northern Vermont but that's sort of far to travel.

I might have better luck if I go ghetto -- a different variation on the same basic theme.

the Teuton

Quote from: dazzleman on September 25, 2008, 08:36:52 PM
The only one that was pretty close to me was sold and turned into a shopping center.  I don't think it was even very trashy.

There are some really bad ones up in northern Vermont but that's sort of far to travel.

I might have better luck if I go ghetto -- a different variation on the same basic theme.

You strike me as the kind of person who would have a really hard time fitting into a ghetto.  I'd have a hard time; you'd have a harder time.  All of the urbanites would just laugh at you and steal your BMW...no, they'd just stare at you in awe, wondering why the hell you were there. 
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

dazzleman

LOL....They'd probably think I was an FBI agent or something like that.

Vinsanity

nah...all he needs to do is mimic the mannerisms of this guy

except he needs at least 3 or 4 gold teef

the Teuton

And a 3XL Scarface t-shirt...and the ability to walk and hold his crotch at the same time.

Rupert

Quote from: dazzleman on September 25, 2008, 08:00:07 PM
People aren't giving serious answers.  I seriously doubt we have 2 billionaires, and 3 homeless guys.... :lol:

Of course we aren't giving serious answers. It's a dumb poll. ;)

But I'm a billionaire IRL, anyway.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

dazzleman

I don't think it's dumb.  It's a serious question.

The Pirate

So, of those voting seriously, who is with me in the lower class category? 
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

the Teuton

Quote from: The Pirate on September 25, 2008, 08:56:30 PM

It costs me less to live for a month than it does to pay Dave's car payment.

I'm a "student."  That is all.

Vinsanity

Well, whatever "upper lower class" is, I guess I'll stick with that. Or maybe "lower upper class". Depends on how you look at it.

Rupert

Quote from: dazzleman on September 25, 2008, 08:52:12 PM
I don't think it's dumb.  It's a serious question.

Yeah, but a dumb one. This is pretty much a survey of what class people think they are in. Also, so very many of the members here are dependent on their parents to varying degrees. If someone is a student with upper middle class parents, and the parents pay for rent and nothing else, but the person has a part-time job and a crappy car they paid for themselves, where do they fit?
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

dazzleman

I don't think you're lower class Adam.  For a student like you, your class should be determined more by your expected earning power after graduation.

The Pirate

Quote from: the Teuton on September 25, 2008, 08:58:51 PM
It costs me less to live for a month than it does to pay Dave's car payment.

I'm a "student."  That is all.

That's crazy, because I'm pretty sure Dave has no car payment. 

And I meant who voted 'lower class.'
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

the Teuton

Quote from: The Pirate on September 25, 2008, 09:06:19 PM

Crap, then somewhere in the neighborhood of 1.5 of Raza's car payment.

dazzleman

Good question Psilos.  Economic class can be very subjective.

For those dependent on parents, I would factor in that support and judge their economic class based on lifestyle, at least up to a certain age.

There's also the matter of potential class vs. actual.  When I was first working, I rented a small apartment, but I was always on an upper middle class track. 

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: The Pirate on September 25, 2008, 08:56:30 PM

+1

dazzleman

Adam, apparently you're the only WT on the forum....:P

dazzleman

Quote from: The Pirate on September 25, 2008, 09:06:19 PM

You're right.  I don't have a car payment.  I am very debt averse.