Spy Shot: 06 CTS interior upgrade

Started by ifcar, July 28, 2005, 09:13:34 AM

ifcar

BMWDave

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

ifcar

It's a tremendous improvement IMO, the center stack finally flows with the rest of the dash instead of looking like they forgot to push it in the last 6 inches at the assembly line.

BMWDave

QuoteIt's a tremendous improvement IMO, the center stack finally flows with the rest of the dash instead of looking like they forgot to push it in the last 6 inches at the assembly line.
I fully agree.

^^That doesnt look like a luxury interior at all, so its good the interior got better.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

QuoteIt's a tremendous improvement IMO, the center stack finally flows with the rest of the dash instead of looking like they forgot to push it in the last 6 inches at the assembly line.
Never mind, it's just the picture angle. It still looks as though they forgot to push it in the last 6 inches.  :rolleyes:  

BMWDave

Never mind, it's just the picture angle. It still looks as though they forgot to push it in the last 6 inches.  :rolleyes:
The picture I posted was the last CTS interior, before the upgrade.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

Right, but look through the steering wheel on the update pic, and you can see that it still sticks out.

BMWDave

QuoteRight, but look through the steering wheel on the update pic, and you can see that it still sticks out.
Yea, I see what you mean now.

Nonetheless, the guages at the top of the stack dont look as tacky now.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

QuoteRight, but look through the steering wheel on the update pic, and you can see that it still sticks out.

Do you mean vents?  :blink:

BMWDave

Do you mean vents?  :blink:
Yes I did mean vents, I was looking at an article about guages at the same time and just absently mindly wrote guages :lol:

2007 Honda S2000

R33 GT-R

O God, you scared me with that old pic.  The new one looks to be on time.
Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!

TBR

It's better but still nothing special.

Colonel Cadillac

I don't really see all that much of a difference.  

giant_mtb

Very nice...although...the contrast between the white leather, black dash, and brown wood isn't a very pleasing combination...

Raza

It's different?  It looks exactly like the CTS with the wood luxury package.  
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

ifcar

The upper part of the center stack is redesigned with smaller vents, and there is more of the wood even than on the Wood Package CTS.

Raza

QuoteThe upper part of the center stack is redesigned with smaller vents, and there is more of the wood even than on the Wood Package CTS.
I see it now--it's more flush with the rest of the dash.

Not really an improvement though.  Just different.  Of course, that may have something to do with the quality of the photograph.  Maybe when the official shots come out I'll be able to see if it's better quality.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

ifcar

QuoteThe upper part of the center stack is redesigned with smaller vents, and there is more of the wood even than on the Wood Package CTS.
I see it now--it's more flush with the rest of the dash.

Not really an improvement though.  Just different.  Of course, that may have something to do with the quality of the photograph.  Maybe when the official shots come out I'll be able to see if it's better quality.
The flushness is just from the angle, it isn't really. They simply moved a few things around on the existing protruding center stack, and made it a slight improvement in styling, and hopefully more of an improvement in quality.

But apparently a new CTS is coming for 07, so this should be more than sufficient as a one-year measure.

mazda6er

Hardly a change, but it didn't get worse, I guess.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

JYODER240

I fully agree.

^^That doesnt look like a luxury interior at all, so its good the interior got better.
thats was the Interior to the V-series, it was meant to look less luxury and more sporty.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

BMWDave

Even still, I dont like how the center stack juts out.

2007 Honda S2000

JYODER240

me either, but it probably makes it easier to reach the controls.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

TBR

Good ergonomics don't have to result in a horrible looking interior.

BMWDave

QuoteGood ergonomics don't have to result in a horrible looking interior.
Very true :)  

2007 Honda S2000

Lebowski

I think it looks terrible.  Looks like the same hard plastic in other GM products.

Raza

QuoteGood ergonomics don't have to result in a horrible looking interior.
That's not good ergonomics anyway, really.  In person, I was completely unimpressed by the interior of the car (though it drives well, even with an unrefined engine and a hesitant automatic).  The materials and design were not up to standard and it's an aesthetic nightmare.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Catman

If you're going to redesign an interior than redesign it.  It sucks.

Raza

You know, I'm looking--but I still can't see the difference.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

BMWDave

QuoteYou know, I'm looking--but I still can't see the difference.
The vents at the top of the stack are redesigned.

2007 Honda S2000

gasoline

They could make it work, but they need to use different materials to make it contrast, and be bolder with the lines and creases. Less gratuitous curves and a better use of the wide expanse of space (except black plastic and endless knobs) woul dmake the console better. Don't Saab and BMW have a similar "tilt"?
-----------------------------------