Edmunds Comparo: AWD Luxury Sedans

Started by ifcar, July 28, 2005, 07:39:23 PM

TBR

Acura RL- $49,100
Infiniti M35x- $48,850
Audi A6 3.2- $49,920

So, the RL actually falls between the M35x and A6, but only if you want the nav system, heated seats, etc which you have to get with the RL. If I was actually buying, here is how the prices would fall:

Acura RL- $49100
Infiniti M35x- $46850
Audi A6 3.2- $47170  

ifcar

It's certainly not a poor car in any way IMO aside from the somewhat bland styling. It handles better than most reviewers suggest, and is comfortable and refined as well.

What about it do you feel falls short?

TBR

I didn't say it was a poor car, just not as good as others. I see two major problems with the RL: 1. the engine, it is too weak for the price. 2. space, $49,100 is too much for a car that is based on the Accord (loosely of course) yet is smaller.

ifcar

Didn't the RL beat the A6's performance numbers? And it isn't cramped, either, the rear is far more comfortable than a Lexus GS's, and on par with the others'.  

TBR

QuoteDidn't the RL beat the A6's performance numbers? And it isn't cramped, either, the rear is far more comfortable than a Lexus GS's, and on par with the others'.
Not from what everyone else has said. And, people don't take these cars to the race track, they need real world power something that the RL doesn't have all that much of.

ifcar

It feels comparable to an A6, if not an M35 or GS. Remember that I don't drive them on a race track either.