New Mazda 3

Started by 2o6, October 08, 2008, 08:02:57 PM

2o6

Laconian

Ahura forgive me for bashing a Mazda product.

The front is very nice, though. I like the crispness of their new design language.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Catman

Love it.  Where's the wagon?

FlatBlackCaddy

Mazda...It just feels right. :lol:

Gotta-Qik-C7

Looks much better than the currrent version!  :rockon:
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

ifcar

Front looks great, rear looks terrible. Can't tell from any of the photos what the profile looks like.

The Pirate

This is alright.  I never really liked the 3 sedan, it's too 'high'.  I've parked next to one, and I think my car looks better.  It's lower and doesn't look quite as top heavy or bulky.  I've always liked the hatch though, I'm interested in seeing how that guy looks.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

280Z Turbo

Quote from: The Pirate on October 08, 2008, 08:21:37 PM
This is alright.  I never really liked the 3 sedan, it's too 'high'.  I've parked next to one, and I think my car looks better.  It's lower and doesn't look quite as top heavy or bulky.  I've always liked the hatch though, I'm interested in seeing how that guy looks.

I like your car better too.

the Teuton

I think it looks like crap.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

USA_Idol

The sedan looks so good that I am now very eager to see the hatchback version.

the Teuton

They moved the grill to the wrong place and the car looks like it's smiling at me.  I cannot take it seriously.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

SVT_Power

the rear end is just blah
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Onslaught

I don't know if I like it or not. The front is ok but the back is kind of off. I felt that way about the new 6 until I saw them in person. So I'll hold off on my final judgment until I see the 3.
But this looks more like a face lift and not a "new" 3 to me.

TBR

I like the front a lot. As for the back, I am hoping it's just the angle. They'll still offer a hatch, right?

SVT_Power

somehow just by looking at the front I see 911, IS, and Mazda 6
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Vinsanity

I like it. They kept enough to make it look familiar and link it with the successful current model, and changed enough to make it look fresh.

the Teuton

Not even a MazdaSpeed would make this look better.  It looks like a giant Fiesta.

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Byteme

hard to tell from those angles, but I don't think I like the front end.

I'll reserve final judgement until I see a few in different colors in the flesh.

S204STi

I'd like to see the hatch.

ChrisV

Of course, I like it a LOT.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

r0tor

rumours are flying around they reduced the weight by 25% over the previous generation  :mask:
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Laconian

Quote from: r0tor on October 09, 2008, 12:34:22 PM
rumours are flying around they reduced the weight by 25% over the previous generation  :mask:
No way! :clap:
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

FlatBlackCaddy

If anyone could it's mazda. They seem to be really in tune with keeping weight down or weight gains to a minimum. I doubt the 25% figure, even if they reducre weight by 5 or 10% while offering more equipment and chassis strenght improvements that would be a huge deal.

In fact that 25% figure has to be a joke, no way are they getting 400lbs off the old car.

r0tor

Mazda's official stance is all their cars will lose at least 100kg (220lbs) by 2011.
http://www.mazda.com/publicity/release/2008/200806/080623.html

An early behinds the scene review indicates 25% for the 3
http://www.perthshireadvertiser.co.uk/lifestyle/motoring-car-news/2008/10/08/secret-mazda-draws-the-crowds-73103-21979076/

(BTW i have an autographed poster from Yoshi Meada as he is the guy behind the RX8  :praise:)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

r0tor

r0tor

this was also published recently...

Mazda today said that it will use three key methods to cut up to 200kg (or 400 lbs) from the next-generation versions of its cars. The three key methods include lighter materials, new design for the chassis underpinning the vehicles, and new material bonding methods.

Most of these techniques were mastered during the development of the Mazda2. The main focus of the weight-loss will be the design of the underbody. During an accident, instead of transferring the force of the crash through the car?s body, impact will be thrown down to the floorpan, require less strengthening for the body.

Mazda will also develop parts from what it calls ?micro-cell? plastic which can save weight by up to 10 percent. 15 percent of the weight loss will come from lighter and improved chassis components. Upgrading and developing the rotary engine will be an ongoing part of weight-saving for Mazda.

the Teuton

I like the futuristic interior.  That's about all I like about this edition of the 3 that's coming out.

SVT666

Quote from: the Teuton on October 08, 2008, 10:19:43 PM
Not even a MazdaSpeed would make this look better.  It looks like a giant Fiesta.
Coming from a guy who loves the new Imprezza.

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.