Tools

Started by VTEC_Inside, May 10, 2005, 08:43:30 PM

VTEC_Inside

Most recent addition, a hardened 3/8" drive T55 torx bit.

Went to change the passenger front wheel bearing on the gf's parents '97 Cavalier and didn't have that little pos to do it. T50 and T60, but no T55... arg... Not like it needed those bolts since it took me a further 15-20min to get the hub assembly out of the knuckle after that anyway.

Edit: Had just picked up a 30mm axle nut socket as well earlier that day for that job. Already had a 32mm for the Hondas.
Honda, The Heartbeat of Japan...
2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT 252hp 273lb/ft
2006 Acura CSX Touring 160hp 141lb/ft *Sons car now*
2004 Acura RSX Type S 6spd 200hp 142lb/ft
1989 Honda Accord Coupe LX 5spd 2bbl 98hp 109lb/ft *GONE*
Slushies are something to drink, not drive...

S204STi

I had to sell my tool box when I moved out of the house, so now my tools are all in boxes and shit.  Kind of annoying...

Onslaught

Fuck, I can't name all the tools I've got. From the ones I've got over the last 17 year for work and the ones I got from my dad or grandfather who do/did bodywork too.
I've cleaned out my shop and I'm putting down a frame pulling system to fix cars. I can fit two cars in it now. Three cars if they're Miata's. And I've got my old tool box
from work in it. I've got to fill it up with tools.

Don't think I'll fill it with Mac and Snap On stuff like my work box. That would just cost too much. Perhaps Cobalt and Craftsman.

S204STi

Doing it over I'd have gone with the Cornwell box.  Lots cheaper, but still better quality than Craftsman.

Onslaught

Quote from: R-inge on June 30, 2011, 04:09:10 PM
Doing it over I'd have gone with the Cornwell box.  Lots cheaper, but still better quality than Craftsman.
Yea, they have good stuff.

But these days with people needing money you can get a good used Mac or Snap-On box off craigslist for cheap. I did.

S204STi

Yeah, some other cat got mine for dirt cheap, relatively.