GM Drops Price on 2006 Saturn Ion Red Line

Started by BMWDave, July 28, 2005, 08:14:35 PM

BMWDave

GM Drops Price on 2006 Saturn Ion Red Line
Date Posted 07-28-2005

DETROIT ? As part of a larger campaign to permanently lower the sticker prices on its new models, General Motors has reduced prices on the 2006 Saturn Ion Red Line coupe from $21,450 to $19,990, including a $565 destination charge, a GM spokesman told Inside Line.

The cost of the optional competition package on the Ion Red Line has also dropped from $1,470 to $1,375 to reflect what GM says is a "change in content." Projector-beam foglamps, which had been part of the competition package, are now standard on all Ion Red Lines for 2006. The 2006 competition package includes a limited-slip differential, a boost gauge and painted aluminum wheels.

The 2006 Ion Red Line is on sale now.

What this means to you: This is a real car to consider for cheap performance power.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Raza

Still, an SRT-4 isn't much more expensive.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Secret Chimp

QuoteStill, an SRT-4 isn't much more expensive.
Probably more difficult to live with as a singular vehicle, though.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

ifcar

Why would that be?

TBR

Why would that be?
Hard ride and no muffler.  

ifcar

The Ion RedLine is no Town Car either.  

Raza

Ion Red Line is two doors, right?  the SRT-4 is still a sedan.  That's like saying that a CLK500 is easier to live with than an M5.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TBR

QuoteIon Red Line is two doors, right?  the SRT-4 is still a sedan.  That's like saying that a CLK500 is easier to live with than an M5.
No it isn't, the M5 has a muffler and a decent ride, the SRT-4 doesn't.  

Raza

QuoteIon Red Line is two doors, right?  the SRT-4 is still a sedan.  That's like saying that a CLK500 is easier to live with than an M5.
No it isn't, the M5 has a muffler and a decent ride, the SRT-4 doesn't.
You can't boil analogies down to exact specifics.  The SRT-4 may not have a muffler, but it still has four doors--and that's much more practical than two.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

TBR

I will agree that the SRT-4 is more practical in the common definition of that word, but it isn't nearly as comfortable which makes it less practical for everyday use.

ifcar

Comfortable and refined are not the same as practical.  

TBR

QuoteComfortable and refined are not the same as practical.
Once you get to a certain point that isn't true, when a car's ride is rough enough and its exhaust loud enough to give you headaches it is no longer practical, no matter how big of a back seat it has.  

ifcar

It's not at quite that level of roughness.

Raza

QuoteComfortable and refined are not the same as practical.
Once you get to a certain point that isn't true, when a car's ride is rough enough and its exhaust loud enough to give you headaches it is no longer practical, no matter how big of a back seat it has.
I've met plenty of people that have SRT-4s as their daily driver.  None of them seemed to suffer from chronic migraines.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i