400 HP EVO X from...Mitsubishi!

Started by SVT666, October 15, 2008, 02:16:57 PM

SVT666

Mitsubishi to launch 400-horse Evolution X FQ400

Mitsubishi has given the go-ahead to a road-going 400 horsepower plus variant of the Lancer Evolution after a race-prepared 400 horsepower Evo competed in the Britcar Championship at Silverstone in the United Kingdom. Following up on the FQ300 and FQ360 versions of previous Lancer Evolutions, the FQ400 is set to go on sale in the U.K. next year.

We?d anticipate the FQ400 featuring a new turbocharger and exhaust manifold, as well as a revised fuel delivery system and ECU. No doubt a few additional aerodynamic add-ons, as well as a few weight-reducing measures, will help the FQ400 achieve 0-60 figures under four seconds.

The race car was prepared by ADR Motorsport, the same group that prepared the Evolutions that compete in the British Rally Championship.

Worldwide sale hasn?t been confirmed, though sale outside of the U.K. isn?t likely at first. Sources suggest that the FQ400 would retail for ?45,000.

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

the Teuton

It's only ever been sold in England, and it's only ever been made (before) by Mitsubishi's Ralliart.

Subaru needs a better STI, no doubt about it.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

S204STi

Britain has always been great for producing these special edition FQ Evos and Prodrive STIs.  If only we could get that sort of deal over here.

the Teuton

2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

the Teuton

For taking you around a corner so fast you may puke, you win, Raza.  For a little more civil, yet much more powerful version, I shall take the Type-25.

Why don't we ever get these sorts of cool cars?

Raza

Quote from: the Teuton on October 16, 2008, 11:49:12 AM
For taking you around a corner so fast you may puke, you win, Raza.  For a little more civil, yet much more powerful version, I shall take the Type-25.

Why don't we ever get these sorts of cool cars?

Because we're usually content with shit like the 2008 Impreza.  At least we eventually won out on that front (although they've lost my business forever because of it).

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

S204STi

Quote from: Raza  on October 16, 2008, 11:56:37 AM
Because we're usually content with shit like the 2008 Impreza.  At least we eventually won out on that front (although they've lost my business forever because of it).

LOL, extremism FTL.

Raza

Quote from: R-inge on October 16, 2008, 05:45:05 PM
LOL, extremism FTL.

It's simple timing. 

I had to buy a sedan this year, and I don't plan on buying another one for at least 6 years.  Hopefully 8.  And I won't look to Subaru considering how fluffy this past model was, and considering the future of cars looks bleak, I'll probably buy on the secondary market more often.  That means even when I do buy Subaru, it won't be from Subaru.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

S204STi

Quote from: Raza  on October 16, 2008, 05:53:02 PM
It's simple timing. 

I had to buy a sedan this year, and I don't plan on buying another one for at least 6 years.  Hopefully 8.  And I won't look to Subaru considering how fluffy this past model was, and considering the future of cars looks bleak, I'll probably buy on the secondary market more often.  That means even when I do buy Subaru, it won't be from Subaru.

Ah, I get it.

Raza

Quote from: R-inge on October 16, 2008, 05:59:45 PM
Ah, I get it.

Yeah, I might even pick up a Forester in 24-30 months, but I won't be buying a new one.  But the only current car I'd want to own, I don't want to buy (Legacy Spec.b), and they won't make it by the time I'm ready for a new sedan. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

S204STi

Quote from: Raza  on October 16, 2008, 06:03:09 PM
Yeah, I might even pick up a Forester in 24-30 months, but I won't be buying a new one.  But the only current car I'd want to own, I don't want to buy (Legacy Spec.b), and they won't make it by the time I'm ready for a new sedan. 

I tend to see what you mean; there are actually a lot of cars that I really dig that can only be found on the used market.  And owning a new car, other than the warranty, is sometimes too stressful.

Minpin

I gotta say, I am pretty uninterested in any Evo, much less a race car stripped out  high powered version... :huh:
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

Tave

Quote from: Minpin on October 16, 2008, 10:17:42 PM
I gotta say, I am pretty uninterested in any Evo,

You're doing it wrong. :evildude:
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

S204STi

Quote from: Minpin on October 16, 2008, 10:17:42 PM
I gotta say, I am pretty uninterested in any Evo, much less a race car stripped out  high powered version... :huh:

Really?  Because that's the only kind of Evo that makes any sense to me.

Raza

Quote from: R-inge on October 17, 2008, 08:19:46 AM
Really?  Because that's the only kind of Evo that makes any sense to me.

A stripped out, low power one makes more sense to me. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i