GTPC #376

Started by Colin, October 15, 2008, 02:25:03 PM

Colin

Carefully selected from my own photo library............. not sure whether this will prove really easy, or really difficult for y'all, so here goes:

Rupert

Alps or the Rockies...

Never been here, but, Wind Rivers?
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Colin

Lazerous

Colin

Not Scandinavia, either, so "no" to Norway.

Byteme

Three sisters in Oregon?

Colin

Byteme

I really didn't think it was the sisters.

I looks so European.  Switzerland or Northern Italy?

Colin

Lazerous

Dolomiti mountain range in Italy.

Colin

Care to be more specific?

Lazerous

Sassolungo

EDIT: Or Langkofel. Both names belong to the same mountain.

Colin

Sasso Lungo, with the Passo del Sasso on the far right of the picture ...... spot on, sir.

This is indeed in the Dolomites, in Northern Italy - one of my absolute favourite places anywhere. The way the jagged mountain peaks cut into the skyline is just stunning. When I was there in June, there were countless classic car rallies taking place, so the motoring scenery was pretty good, too.

Tave

It reminds me of the Tetons.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Tave

As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Lazerous

Yay! My first GTPC win.

I'll get one up later tonight.