GT-R spinoff for Infiniti ??

Started by Vinsanity, October 24, 2008, 12:51:28 PM

Vinsanity

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/229788/infiniti_gtr_saloon_on_way.html

QuoteNissan?s GT-R is growing, Auto Express can reveal. Sources in Japan have discovered that the hi-tech supercar will soon be available as a four-door ? and it?s set to wear an Infiniti badge.

The flagship will rival the Porsche Panamera and BMW M5, and it uses the same four-wheel-drive chassis and twin-clutch gearbox as the GT-R coup?. However, it will have a longer wheelbase and place an emphasis on comfort and luxury rather than performance. Instead of the GT-R?s twin-turbo 3.8-litre V6, the saloon will have the same 5.0-litre V8 as the Infiniti FX50 SUV, tuned to give around 420bhp. That should still mean a 0-60mph time of five seconds and a top speed of 170mph. Expect the saloon to arrive in spring 2011.

Wow. This would make for the awesomest Infiniti Q ever  :rockon:

Autoblog link with interesting rendering

giant_mtb

I'd rather have a big V8, anyways. :rockon:

sportyaccordy

Wow, that's gonna be awesome! The Q's gonna come back in a big way.

Eye of the Tiger

4-doors ftw

On another note, some kid in my autoshop class was blabbering about how the GT-R ann the 350Z are being discontinued and combined into one model. I was just sitting there thinking "shut up, you moron", but I really don't know.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

280Z Turbo

Quote from: NACar on October 24, 2008, 02:28:21 PM
4-doors ftw

On another note, some kid in my autoshop class was blabbering about how the GT-R ann the 350Z are being discontinued and combined into one model. I was just sitting there thinking "shut up, you moron", but I really don't know.

The 350Z IS being discontinued.

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

FlatBlackCaddy

Sounds good, may i suggest a real manual and RWD as well.

MX793

Basically sounds like a V8 Infiniti M with a power boost, AWD (already available on the M45 anyway) and a DSG gearbox.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: MX793 on October 24, 2008, 05:41:04 PM
Basically sounds like a V8 Infiniti M with a power boost, AWD (already available on the M45 anyway) and a DSG gearbox.

I'm guessing the chassis will different. However the "gist" of it is the same. Nissan didn't need a GT-R conversion to give infiniti a good sedan. The V8 from the new FX with about 400-430HP and a 6 speed in a sport package would be just fine.

the Teuton

I fail to see this new car being faster around the 'Ring than the CTS-V, but we shall see.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

hotrodalex

Quote from: MX793 on October 24, 2008, 05:41:04 PM

Yeah, I don't think it can really be called a GT-R sedan.