More Lincoln Zephyr Pics

Started by BMWDave, July 31, 2005, 05:43:43 PM

BMWDave

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

ifcar

As if the center stack didn't look trucky enough, they had to go with those door panels. :rolleyes:

BMWDave

QuoteAs if the center stack didn't look trucky enough, they had to go with those door panels. :rolleyes:
Its still a far nicer interior than the Caddy CTS, IMO.

2007 Honda S2000

Colonel Cadillac

They did a pretty bad job designing it, although I am sure they used the best of materials.  

ifcar

QuoteAs if the center stack didn't look trucky enough, they had to go with those door panels. :rolleyes:
Its still a far nicer interior than the Caddy CTS, IMO.
Anything else in that class could say the same, and the CTS is being redesigned for 07 or 08.  

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

BMWDave

QuoteIt looks very cold.
That could be because of the dark wood.

2007 Honda S2000

Raza

QuoteIt looks very cold.
I thought because of the blocky design.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

ifcar

QuoteIt looks very cold.
Neither help.  

mazda6er

The materials certainly look to be of a high quality, but yeah, it's a freakin' truck. This would be a great GTCC several years from now: Um, Ridgeline?  :lol:  
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

ifcar

Several years from now it will still be in production. ;)

Catman

Tom

Am I seeing some interior snobs? :lol:  

Colonel Cadillac

JYODER240

This is off-topic but is the Zephyr going to be RWD or FWD?
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

BMWDave

QuoteThis is off-topic but is the Zephyr going to be RWD or FWD?
FWD.

2007 Honda S2000

Raza

Look at the engine bay--no RWD cars have transverse engines.

Although my FWD Passat is longitudinal...hmm...

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raza

QuoteAm I seeing some interior snobs? :lol:
In some cars the interior is more important than in others.  Do I want an Elise with a posh interior?  No.  If I'm buying a sedan with a luxury (no matter how decayed that nameplate is) I want a warm, inviting, and high quality interior.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

ifcar

FWD.
FWD-based AWD.  

BMWDave

FWD.
FWD-based AWD.
AWD is only being added in a year.  For now it is FWD.

Link with facts

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

I suppose they only brought up AWD constantly during the debut so it wouldn't seem like an FWD non-contender. <_<

BMWDave

QuoteI suppose they only brought up AWD constantly during the debut so it wouldn't seem like an FWD non-contender. <_<
I guess so.  But as of launch, it will only be available with FWD, and AWD is being added a year later.

I dont know why Ford always adds the "goodies" a year or so after the vehicle comes out...the 500 should have had the larger engine to begin with, and now this...

2007 Honda S2000

Tom

Yeah, that doesn't make sense, something to do with the a4's platform. They are transversly mounting it for the 2005 year I believe.

mazda6er

QuoteSeveral years from now it will still be in production. ;)
But the interior probably won't be the same.  ;)  
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

SJ_GTI

Yeah, that doesn't make sense, something to do with the a4's platform. They are transversly mounting it for the 2005 year I believe.
Correct. To use the real "quattro" system (not the one in the TT... :P ) its easier to mount the engine longitidunally (sp?). Many people call the A4/A6 FWD based AWD, but IMHO its more like an AWD-based car that offers FWD to cut costs on cheaper models.

Since the last gen Passat (like Raza's) used the same chassis is ended up with the same layout even though the vast majority of Passats are FWD. The flip side to this is that the Passat did offer a 4Motion model that was basicly a valued priced A4/A6. Its hard to call it a clone of either one because size-wise it was right in the middle of the A4 and A6.

Length
A4: 179.0
Passat: 185.2
A6: 192.0

autom?vel

QuoteIt looks very cold.
I'm actually very fond of the blocky, old school American interior of the Lincoln.  It adds a unique Lincoln personality to the car, where as most brands all look the friggin same to me other than the logo on the steering wheel.  I'm not a dash stroker though, so eh.  :wacko:

I wish that Lincoln followed the track set by the LS, that being somewhat sporty rather than being completely compliant with Lexus buyers.  My dream Lincoln would have LS driving dynamics coupled with a luxurious Lincoln limousine-like interior.  A real hot rod Lincoln (or like a Lexus that can haul ass; thinking of Mercedes' style here).  

Plus they really need to backtrack on its exterior design characteristics.  It's got all the flavor of a toned down Toyota Camry.  No emotion.  Not even very elegant.  Almost kind of generic.  That's what they brought in Peter Horbury for, I suppose.  I think you'll start seeing more of that understated yet totally stylish look that Lincoln lost with the LS.
?Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.?
          -  Teddy Roosevelt

Shane

I like the direction Lincoln is taking with their interiors   I like this much more than the generic interior of the LS.  

Car Zeus

looks lame to me.

At least the Navigator interior looks decent.

cozmik

Wow that 120 MPH Speedo really shows all the performace potential this car is going to have  :rolleyes:

Sorry, but it looks like a loser to me.

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place