NEW! 07 Sebring picture

Started by dave998, July 31, 2005, 06:11:12 PM

dave998

Chrysler is redesigning its midsize Sebring and Stratus sedans in spring 2006, using the next-generation Mitsubishi Lancers platform as a mechanical base. The same components set will underpin the new Dodge Caliber, Jeep Patriot and Jeep Compass.
 The 2007 Sebring sedan gets a more modern look than the current car, and will have different sheet metal from the 2007 Stratus. It will likely continue to offer customers a choice of four- and six-cylinder engines.
 DaimlerChrysler AG's Chrysler Group is investing $500 million to upgrade its Sterling Heights plant, where the Sebring and Stratus will continue to be assembled. Chrysler says it is designing in enough flexibility to assemble several different classes of cars at the Sterling Heights plant.

dave998

BMWDave

It definitely isnt a radical redesign...the rear end looks similar.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

mazda6er

Can we be sure that's new? It looks practically identical.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

dave998

Coupe Spy pictures

some text

BMWDave

QuoteCan we be sure that's new? It looks practically identical.
Its got tons of camo...its a spy car without a doubt.

2007 Honda S2000

mazda6er

I see the camo, but for the life of me it looks the same. Name one thing you see that's even slightly different.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

BMWDave

I see the camo, but for the life of me it looks the same. Name one thing you see that's even slightly different.
I agree its very similar, but the headlights seem bigger and there is a curve in the front door.

2007 Honda S2000

mazda6er

QuoteI agree its very similar, but the headlights seem bigger and there is a curve in the front door.
The hood looks a bit flatter on the "new" one, I suppose. I was under the impression that this was supposed to be a total redesign, though.
--Mark

BMWDave

QuoteI agree its very similar, but the headlights seem bigger and there is a curve in the front door.
The hood looks a bit flatter on the "new" one, I suppose. I was under the impression that this was supposed to be a total redesign, though.
I agree, it seems too similar.

2007 Honda S2000

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

ifcar

I think it's just a mule, most of the body belonging to the current version. The front end is clearly new though.  

dave998

QuoteI think it's just a mule, most of the body belonging to the current version. The front end is clearly new though.
It was on detroit news, but it wouldnt be surprisinging if it was one. I know for the fusion they were using 6 mules.

Tom

High beltlines and beefed up bodies seem to be the thing these days, especially in domestics.

Colonel Cadillac

I have a feeling Chrysler is trying to 300-ize it which is a terrrrible mistake.  

giant_mtb

My neighbor has a 1998-ish Sebring 4-door and I rode in the back seat the other day and was absolutely stunned by the amount of rear-seat leg room.  You can almost stretch out 100% comfortably in that car; even in the back seat!  :o  B)  

93JC

QuoteMy neighbor has a 1998-ish Sebring 4-door and I rode in the back seat the other day and was absolutely stunned by the amount of rear-seat leg room.  You can almost stretch out 100% comfortably in that car; even in the back seat!  :o  B)
There was no four-door Sebring until 2001... <_<

Maybe you meant Cirrus?

Secret Chimp

That first picture looks like even more of an overhang-o-rama than the last Sebring.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Raza

QuoteThat first picture looks like even more of an overhang-o-rama than the last Sebring.
It's a visual trick.  There are no overhangs.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

dave998

QuoteI have a feeling Chrysler is trying to 300-ize it which is a terrrrible mistake.
Haha, thats funny you mention it. Chryslers had no plans to make it look like the 300, but apparently because of the 300's sales success there trying to make it more 300 like. Theyre also considering making a 300 convertible something they said they wouldnt do, and the challenger something also they said they wouldn't do.

giant_mtb

QuoteMy neighbor has a 1998-ish Sebring 4-door and I rode in the back seat the other day and was absolutely stunned by the amount of rear-seat leg room.  You can almost stretch out 100% comfortably in that car; even in the back seat!  :o  B)

Maybe you meant Cirrus?
Hell I dunno...it's a four door Chrysler something.  Maybe it is a 2001, I don't know, I just guessed on the year.  :ph34r:  

BMWDave

QuoteMy neighbor has a 1998-ish Sebring 4-door and I rode in the back seat the other day and was absolutely stunned by the amount of rear-seat leg room.? You can almost stretch out 100% comfortably in that car; even in the back seat!? :o? B)

Maybe you meant Cirrus?
Hell I dunno...it's a four door Chrysler something.  Maybe it is a 2001, I don't know, I just guessed on the year.  :ph34r:
Is it an LHS?

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

QuoteMy neighbor has a 1998-ish Sebring 4-door and I rode in the back seat the other day and was absolutely stunned by the amount of rear-seat leg room.  You can almost stretch out 100% comfortably in that car; even in the back seat!  :o  B)

Maybe you meant Cirrus?
Which one does it look like:

BMWDave

QuoteMy neighbor has a 1998-ish Sebring 4-door and I rode in the back seat the other day and was absolutely stunned by the amount of rear-seat leg room.? You can almost stretch out 100% comfortably in that car; even in the back seat!? :o? B)

Maybe you meant Cirrus?

He mentioned the cavernous legroom.  This would make more sense:

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

The previous Stratus/Breeze/Cirrus had a roomy rear as well, one of the cars' only major strong points.

BMWDave

QuoteThe previous Stratus/Breeze/Cirrus had a roomy rear as well, one of the cars' only major strong points.
Roomy is very different than cavernous...Chris is about 5"10 and he was able to strech out almost 100%, to use his words.  I think that would be more in line with the LHS, but we'll see when he comes back on and answers the question :D  

2007 Honda S2000

bajanbuoy

What are you guys looking at?

This

looks nothing like a 300!

giant_mtb

Maybe you meant Cirrus?

He mentioned the cavernous legroom.  This would make more sense:

Yeah, it's the one Dave posted.  :)